just a few questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going to be purchasing a few new toys in the next couple of months...might hold out until hpi releases the gas truck they had on the front page of this website to get another fuel powered one.

I was just wondering about the battery life what type of speeds you can get out of the electric if there is anyway to add some sound to them. I'd rather not have to have 4 or 5 batterys to go out and run for a few hours with out seein a drop off in performance once battery looses a little charge. Love the nitro but fuel is expensive. Was why I was thinking about waiting to get another gas powered one 3-4 a gallon is alot cheaper than 40 a gallon. I know have to add the two stroke oil but itd still be alot cheaper than nitro. Either that or I might just order the savage xl 5.9. I wanted to give a electric one a try though too. Just to see if I'd like it and save money on fuel.

I have a brushless slash and I have a blast with that thing!! I have a bunch of nitro's and I still like bringing out the quiet electric just about everyday..!!! that and the slash is one tough cookie!!!! I have beaten that thing so hard and it loves it and asks for more!!!

If you go electric, run lipo batteries. No power drop.

If you get a Savage, get either the Flux or the X 4.6. The 5.9 is overrated, and somewhat finicky for tuning.

definetly lipos no drop in power till they are done!!!

Today's electric brushless systems are far superior to any gas or nitro rigs!

I run both gas and electric. Brushless/LiPo is my favorite because I can run it almost anywhere and anytime. Gas is also fun but requires a bit more planning and lots more room.

Depending on the capacity of the battery (mAH), you can get up to 20 minutes on a pack as I do.

The Savage Flux is a monster and is as stout as it nitro cousin.

I run both gas and electric. Brushless/LiPo is my favorite because I can run it almost anywhere and anytime. Gas is also fun but requires a bit more planning and lots more room.

Depending on the capacity of the battery (mAH), you can get up to 20 minutes on a pack as I do.

The Savage Flux is a monster and is as stout as it nitro cousin.

Yes it is :). and is also quicker and way faster.

On my 5000 mah 3s lipos i get 30 mins or so runtime on the Flux HP.

Lipo and brushless have completely changed the electric side of RC

You will get more speed and acceleration out of an electric vehicle. You are looking at 20-25 min run time with a 5000 mah lipo. I would suggest buying multiple batteries though. you will need to cycle them and charge them in the field or at the track if you want a full day of running.

Back