June 12, 2022- April 13, 2023 Almost a year after the fire

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nenecrane

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Just wanted to let everyone know, if I'm not on for awhile, it's because our house burnt almost to the ground today, and we lost pretty much everything. This is what it looked like after it was over.

View attachment 147855
Almost a year later and yesterday I finally ran an rc anything again for the first time and used a LiPo. I might make mention in passing but that’s I don’t like talking about thinking about anything I’ll never forget that day that orange that sound I’ve had another house fire before this one but it wasn’t the same Lipo still scare me took a long time for biggman100 and d to talk me into them but yesterday’s Tomfoolery really reminded me that as long as you’re safe you can have fun sometimes we forget that as humans weather it’s one half of that or the other or in my case both…. nothing I bought them I built them and then I sold them or they just sat yesterday yesterday I remembered both parts of it and I won’t forget it again and I’m not trying to bring anyone down don’t think that or get sympathy nothing like that all I’m trying to do is say a few things 1 everyone the weather is getting well weathery out please please please practice LiPo safety if you dont know your new or just need a refresher ask someone look it up YouTube please I don’t have all the answers I can tell you what we do here at home but we by no means are pros so ask ask ask research 2nd i please request any and all tips tricks methods advice I’m always open to learning more being safer learning newer techniques and better ways knowledge is power the more you know and all the things but number 3 and above and beyond all else I’m just glad I’m back n god I missed it n didn’t even know I walked away never again so let’s all stay safe and have fun….. thanks for listening had to get it outta my head

IMG_0527.png

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

That was a sad day I'm sure. But it's good you guys are rebuilding your RC collection. BASH ON!

That was a sad day I'm sure. But it's good you guys are rebuilding your RC collection. BASH ON!
It’s stuff it’s replaceable but if I can use it to help people realize and understand lipo batteries are no joke then yup I’m sure gunna stand on the highest mountain and scream good and safe practices…yup we lost everything and we were dang lucky to d wasn’t home we got out n the lipos were up in the front of the house we were in the back of the house they dk if the lipos started it n it spread or if it started with the electric in the wall n spread to the lipos that were right there but either way I’ve seen too many posts different places videos comments conversations and such basically either down playing the seriousness or promoting complacency in just ehh whatever attitude on storages replacement inspections ext this is one thing I can’t keep quiet about

I remember when @biggman100 first told us what happened. Seems like it was longer than a year. I am glad to see you guys are back on your feet.
I still have no real words I know if it wasn’t for @biggman100 idk where I’d be but I know it would be without rc n I just don’t want that because honestly I’ve seen where it really is more than a hobby especially for our family like I said until yesterday well today when I was thinking I didn’t realize I had walked away and I’m grateful for his patience and his patience for me to come back around to owning lipos but at the same time I watched him use rc to help d who is 12 this year and autistic among other things though everything he was going through because of the fire and then I actually got to watch my son do something for someone else for the first time by himself unprovoked and unprompted…. The fury the first truck biggman got after the fire that was all d he told me he wanted to find him one for his birthday mind you this was before he even had a new truck saved most of the money up I helped but he did most of the looking n then he cried when we found it the fire seems like it was so much longer ago n it was bad but could have been way worse but the good that has come from it too like I said no words

Almost a year later and yesterday I finally ran an rc anything again for the first time and used a LiPo. I might make mention in passing but that’s I don’t like talking about thinking about anything I’ll never forget that day that orange that sound I’ve had another house fire before this one but it wasn’t the same Lipo still scare me took a long time for biggman100 and d to talk me into them but yesterday’s Tomfoolery really reminded me that as long as you’re safe you can have fun sometimes we forget that as humans weather it’s one half of that or the other or in my case both…. nothing I bought them I built them and then I sold them or they just sat yesterday yesterday I remembered both parts of it and I won’t forget it again and I’m not trying to bring anyone down don’t think that or get sympathy nothing like that all I’m trying to do is say a few things 1 everyone the weather is getting well weathery out please please please practice LiPo safety if you dont know your new or just need a refresher ask someone look it up YouTube please I don’t have all the answers I can tell you what we do here at home but we by no means are pros so ask ask ask research 2nd i please request any and all tips tricks methods advice I’m always open to learning more being safer learning newer techniques and better ways knowledge is power the more you know and all the things but number 3 and above and beyond all else I’m just glad I’m back n god I missed it n didn’t even know I walked away never again so let’s all stay safe and have fun….. thanks for listening had to get it outta my head

View attachment 163636

View attachment 163639

View attachment 163640
I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I can say that while I was reading your post, it brought it all back to me, because 6 months ago I had a house fire from a Lipo battery blowing. If I had waited 10 more seconds, I'd be homeless. The one thing you wrote that brought it all back was "that orange and that sound". WHen I walked into the den and saw everything was on fire, that is what I keep thinking of. That orange was just so bright and the noise makes my skin crawl. I was able to put it out, but just barely. The fire dept would have never gotten here in time. So I have also been rebuilding some of the RC's that I lost. I will say though, that I came up with a way to keep the batteries safe and not have to worry so much, was I got a two drawer filing cabinet and lined everything inside with fire brick. Now I can charge and store and not have to stress out it happening again. So get out there and bash on brother.

Back