Jumping Tips?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor17nelson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey does anybody have any tips for me when I'm jumping my truck... also when jumping how can i prevent it landing on more of the front and flipping forwards?

When jumping a 4x4 give it throttle in the air to pull front up or brake to bring front down.

o ok that makes since haha thanks

Yep, play with the various braking to see what the truck does in the air. :)

Over the summer I had a dude ask me the same exact question with a Kyosho Buggy that was very front heavy. I took it around the track for about 10 minutes and was able to blip the throttle to keep the front from nose diving but I was ballooning the tires to keep the front up it was very front heavy. Not a good thing to do because it freewheels the engine to high of RPMs then when it hits can cause damage to the engine or drive train.

Other than being a very front heavy the balance was good side to side.

My suggestion to him was add about 1/2 OZ of weight to start then if that did not fix the problem increase it 1 OZ of weight to the rear of the buggy to stabilize his jumps.

When landing from a jump the front should follow the rear tires on the landing. While it is ok for them to hit about the same time the front should follow the rear when hitting the ground.

Last edited:
Alright ill mess with that tomarrow thanks alot

What kind of truck do you have?

volcano s30

Time it right though, you don't want to land on the throttle. If you land while the tires are spinning that fast, it'll probably tear up your drive train.

o ok thanks for that becouse i probably would have haha

Redcat Volcano S30 1/10 Scale Nitro Monster Truck seems to be one of those newer R/Cs I have not seen yet. So I have not any experience with this manufacture. They are one the new inexpensive ones being imported these days.

Last edited:
yeah its my first nitro rc car and wasn't gunna spend a ton of money on one until i knew how to take care of them

yeah its my first nitro rc car and wasn't gunna spend a ton of money on one until i knew how to take care of them

My first Nitro was a Duratrax BX Buggy back in 1999 and was also one of the first I sold to someone else. I sold it in very good condition. It was my intro in Nitros. Then I upgraded so I understand.

what do u have now?

what do u have now?

Well dude this is a fairly long list most of my RCs are on 2.4 Ghz Radio systems or FM Radio systems and have nothing on AM radios anymore. I have been in the hobby for many years.

I have 2 Team RC10B4 SE editions that I upgraded this Year to Brushless motors

A Team RC10T4 SE Edtion that I upgraded to Brushless.

A Mugen MTX 3 that will do 0 to 60 in about 4 seconds

A Team Kit TC4 that still is running a brushed motor.

Traxxas 4910 TMaxx with a 2.5R engine

Traxxas Revo with 3.3r engine

RC10GT2 Kit with an OS TZ 18 engine

2 Boats one electric and one Nitro.

3 Helicoptors

My vintage date back to the late 1980s a Tamiya Grasshopper and the Team Kit RC10T3

Recently bought a

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Greg Adler

HPI Trophy 4.6 Truggy.

This is not all I own but most of my R/Cs ;)

wow... if ur ever looking to sell any of those for good deals let me know becouse i dont have the money to buy new rc cars lol.

The size and shape of the jump will make a difference on how it jumps too. It takes some practice to learn but at least it's fun :)

wow... if ur ever looking to sell any of those for good deals let me know becouse i dont have the money to buy new rc cars lol.

I have only sold 2 of my R/Cs and kept the rest :Both were sold in very good condition and the buyers ran them before they bought them

Many people selling them used is because they did not want to fix them. I have owned my 4910 Tmaxx for over 10 years now and just keep fixing it when it breaks. The Revo is 8 years old. Well almost all my R/Cs are over 6 years old. I keep them forever.:D If I cannot get parts for them any more like my Mugen MTX3 and Tamiya Grasshopper they become shelf art for vintage collections.

Last edited:
Thats awesome