JPM to NASCAR? WTF??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZANDOR said:
Who hooooo Out with gorden in with Danica:banana:

You must be talking about Robby Gordon because Nascar would suck without The flaming 24 :hehe:

SMaxxin said:
You must be talking about Robby Gordon because Nascar would suck without The flaming 24 :hehe:

LOL nope but that would be cool also.A two for one deal..

I was at the USGP and was listening to the live feed from Speed. When they went to break, they talked more in depth to Jeffy boy. He did say he feels he's past his prime for F1 and that it's all likely too late for him to make the switch. He said that when he was in Spain to watch the race that 4 teams had approached him, he only mentioned Williams and would not name the others and said that they all mentioned they would like to have an American driver in their car and asked if he would consider it. Basically he said no to all. It was rather interesting conversation. Live feed is the best Varsha, Hobbs and Matchet rule!!!!!

Thanks Jet, that's a good thing to hear. All you haters hear that...Jeff Gordon and the flaming 24 will continue to piss you off in Nascar where he belongs :banana:

Well you'll all be pleased to know that JPM is available immediately...

He's just got canned by McLaren....methinks they weren't too worried about losing him for next season anyway so have replaced him with Pedro De La Rosa for the rest of the season...

Normally when a driver signs on with someone else (like Alonso has done) the team hang on to the driver until as long as possible (Ferrari wouldn't let Barrichello anywhere near a Honda until the end of his contract, which was months after the end of the season) and then stop him from from doing any testing towards the end to protect their "secrets" from going with the driver to his new team. Obviously with JPM this wouldn't have been an issue which makes me think Ron Dennis wasn't exactly sorry to see him go, despite what they are all publicly saying.

JPM has been a major disappointment in a F1 car.

Good luck driving those wrecks in circles...heh heh heh

godale03 said:
JPM is going to NASCAR I think for a couple of reasons. One, it is something different for him. Two, NASCAR is more popular in the State's than F1 racing. Not to say that F1 is boring or anything. It just never really caught on like NASCAR has. The competition is a little closer and you have a chance to win all the way to the checkered flag. Now granted the racing is a bit easier than F1 but I think JPM is just looking for a challenge. I am quite sure it is not for the money.

Tom

also he may be able to crash into another car and carry on going without pitting or retiring eg the canadian and US gp

godale03 said:
JPM is going to NASCAR I think for a couple of reasons. One, it is something different for him. Two, NASCAR is more popular in the State's than F1 racing. Not to say that F1 is boring or anything. It just never really caught on like NASCAR has. The competition is a little closer and you have a chance to win all the way to the checkered flag. Now granted the racing is a bit easier than F1 but I think JPM is just looking for a challenge. I am quite sure it is not for the money.

Tom

How is Nascar racing easier than F1?Cup cars don't have traction control..

markallen said:
Dude, have you ever seen a steering wheel from an F1 car? The drivers are responsible for learning each and every button on the wheel, many of which have manuals that are over 100 pages. Also, unlike go fast turn left, go fast turn left and the two crash fests every year that NASCAR does at road coarses, every F1 race is on a road coarse.

I knew this thread was going to turn into a debate. Can't you guys just understand that they both offer their own unique challenges and leave it at that?.?.

Lessen said:
I knew this thread was going to turn into a debate. Can't you guys just understand that they both offer their own unique challenges and leave it at that?.?.

We could but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about LOL

BTW I'm agree with who ever said watching F1 is like watching grass grow, nothing interesting ever happens.

markallen said:

Other than the two road courses you only make left hand turns.... Not saying anything about driving the cars themselves. It takes talent. I was just making the comment that for JPM driving a cup car would be an easy transition for him. That's all.

Tom

godale03 said:
Other than the two road courses you only make left hand turns.... Not saying anything about driving the cars themselves. It takes talent. I was just making the comment that for JPM driving a cup car would be an easy transition for him. That's all.

Tom

Gotcha.But you guys have to realize.JPM will not do good because he will be in junk cars..If he drove for Hendrick or Roush then he might be able to do alittle something..

I don't think the 42 is a junk car at all. It's certainly not a top 10 team but they have a lot more goin for them than others

godale03 said:
Other than the two road courses you only make left hand turns....

Tom

That's not totally true,I've seen a couple mental midgets make right hand turns:hehe:

As for me,Nascar is my style over F1,I hate watching grass grow,but i also hate the boringness of both circuits.F1 is great when it comes to technology,but knowing that the guy in the lead with 10 laps to go,is staying in the lead till the end is boring,now nascar,10 laps to go,poop even kenney wallace could take the lead. F1 is just to predicteable.

markallen said:
But you guys have to realize.JPM will not do good because he will be in junk cars..If he drove for Hendrick or Roush then he might be able to do alittle something..
Not because he'll be in a junk car, I don't think Chip has junk cars it's his drivers and business partner (Felix). Look what McMurray did in the 40 when he filled in for Marlin. JPM will not do good because he's totally wreckless! in F1 until this year he had 19 targets, this year 21. He's done an outstanding job of trying to win races on the first lap and taking out a slough of cars, including his team mate. Now he'll have 42 targets ( kind of a coincidence with his car number eh) and 2 team mates to wreck. I didn't like him in CART/IRL, I disliked him even more in F1 and it will probably grow more yet when he gets into a car that has fenders whether it be Ford, Chevy or Dodge. He's a detriment to other racers!

jetmechG550 said:
Not because he'll be in a junk car, I don't think Chip has junk cars it's his drivers and business partner (Felix). Look what McMurray did in the 40 when he filled in for Marlin. JPM will not do good because he's totally wreckless! in F1 until this year he had 19 targets, this year 21. He's done an outstanding job of trying to win races on the first lap and taking out a slough of cars, including his team mate. Now he'll have 42 targets ( kind of a coincidence with his car number eh) and 2 team mates to wreck. I didn't like him in CART/IRL, I disliked him even more in F1 and it will probably grow more yet when he gets into a car that has fenders whether it be Ford, Chevy or Dodge. He's a detriment to other racers!

I wouldn't worry too much about him wrecking anybody,he starts beaten and banging. Tony stewart will send him into a wall.

Back