JP pipe coating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corvinus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi

Recently bought a JP-3 pipe (brand new in box) with "Hard Anodizing" from E-Bay. The paint doesn't feel damaged by touch, so the outer layer at least is fine. But do they normally look like this?

JP3-Cracked-Paint.jpg

JP3-Cracked-Paint2.jpg

Last edited:
My JP-2 on my MGT looks loke that, looks antiqued almost lol. I personally dont like it and might strip it and wet sand it shiny.

It looks like the ceramic undercoating has cracked. It shouldn't hurt anything IMO.

I wouldn't worry about, it's Hard Anodized not painted.

Even the HA on my THS pipe has then same look to it.

Your only other option is to sand it down to bare aluminum & polish it, but the HA is a much better finish then polished.

If there not dented or the stinger pinched they always work just the same as a new one man...looks means absolutely nothing performance wise, so unless your a clean freak that pushes your rc's around on the carpet pantless pretending to use them I wouldn't worry about it at all bud

Last edited:
Alright thanks for all the replies, then I'll just run it as-is. Was mainly curious. I bought the HA version for the added protection for its surface, so if that's still there I'm happy with it. Gonna be a lot of dirt runs.

@hotrodrob
Buying everything new this time for a new D8T truggy I'm building. I'm used to 1:5 scale prices that's roughly 3 times more, so this is actually cheap for me. But I get your point, and I appreciate your reply.

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there not dented or the stinger pinched they always work just the same as a new one man...looks means absolutely nothing performance wise, so unless your a clean freak that pushes your rc's around on the carpet pantless pretending to use them I wouldn't worry about it at all bud

there's no need to bring Rolex into this,

OP i like the cracked look, looks like a optional design or something

Back