JK Memorial "Build"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As you can see in my signature I had my mother pass recently and have been working feverishly on this cage and body to "pass the time". Not looking for the "sorry for your loss" blah blah blah but just wanted to get some pics up tonight. A bit of a hack job but in my defense it was my first time working with brass for the cage and working with plastics/styrene for the body. This originally started as the NB 4dr JK. All in all pretty happy with the outcome. Will get some poser pics up tomorrow by the brook across the street:

DSCF8631_zps99f92427.gif

DSCF8628_zps2d172a9a.gif

DSCF8629_zps8b01d0b6.gif

DSCF8630_zps84012bcc.gif

DSCF8632_zpsf1f6a95a.gif

Looks good man, even better being as its your first go at it.

That's looking great! Did you take the back off a hard body?
I have that same body, but didn't get enough inspiration to do anything with it.
I just might be ripping off your idea. :first_place:

Last edited:
It was the typical JK you find in Walmart. I hacked the end off the original and got rig of the 2nd set of doors and the behind the seat storage and then used plastic filler to fill in the gaps. The hard part was taking the "hardtop" and keep it a hardtop. I can take it off but couldnt get the interior to fit as well with the tranny so I decided to glue the top in place.

Looks great bro, nice job!

I'm agree with Rolex, get rid of the New Bright! I used a Q tip and rubbing alcohol to remove the New Bright from the windshield....rub lightly and wipe clean.

Not that I dont believe you guys but wont the alcohol "fuzz" the plastic? I was contemplating just using a piece of .040" lexan and shadowing the edges to cover up the mounts for the windshield

If you peel it slowly it should come off clean. If any residue is left behind, use a soft tissue or cloth with rubbing alcohol.
You don't want a cheap toy label on a nice pro build.

If you peel it slowly it should come off clean. If any residue is left behind, use a soft tissue or cloth with rubbing alcohol.
You don't want a cheap toy label on a nice pro build.

I'm just gonna go on my original idea and get a piece of .040" lexan from a spare sheet and cut to fit. I tried the alcohol last night and it did fog the plastic up some.

---------- Post added at 6:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:27 AM ----------

Okay, HERE'S an action shot for you...

ActionShot.jpg

Wheres the wrist brace? I figure with all the waxing you do to those rigs you must have a nasty case of carpal tunel :)

Turtle Wax has an AWESOME line of waxes.
Bite me.

Wheres the wrist brace? I figure with all the waxing you do to those rigs you must have a nasty case of carpal tunel :)

My wrist has built up a lot of strength since I reached puberty.:whhooo: Waxing and buffing is effortless. :hehe:

Wax will take care of the fogging. It's not the alcohol that fogged it, it's the artificial cotton you used or the wrong cloth. Mineral spirits also works wonders on labels the resist alcohol.

My problem was it wasn't a sticker or label but was actually "sprayed" on the windshield with I'm gonna assume paint. Dont know if I will worry too much about it as I took her in her maiden voyage last night anf alread lost the driverside mirror:( Looked for about 10 minutes thru all the leaves with no luck

Back