Jato Tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

!!!sam!!!

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello i have been racing my sc10 4x4 for about a yar and i decided to get a jato for fun.;) i was wondering if there when any secret tips that any jato users have. Thanks

i bash on pavment. i found that the Jato has big magnet on the front, and parking lot posts have a big magnet allso.LOL get this brake kit. http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=0

SJT39DG $38.88*
Carbon Dual Steel Wave Brake Jt
be sure and put a dab of loctite on the screw in the middle of the shaft, and realy nail it. i have found you can run a little higher idle then stock. so long as it doesn't roll. , gives a better launch

Last edited:
i bash on pavment. i found that the Jato has big magnet on the front, and parking lot posts have a big magnet allso.LOL get this brake kit. http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=0

SJT39DG $38.88*
Carbon Dual Steel Wave Brake Jt
be sure and put a dab of loctite on the screw in the middle of the shaft, and realy nail it. i have found you can run a little higher idle then stock. so long as it doesn't roll. , gives a better launch

Sounds good I'll look into it!

i have two Jatos, one T-maxx. there are lots of mods you can do. but all the ones i have done may not be or you. one of my jatos is VERY modded the other is stock. if you are going to jump or hit a crack in the pavement , dont be on the throttle when it comes back down. or the trans will strip the gears. [email protected]

One tip I can offer is don't use Integy parts. They don't hold up well.

Change the diff oil to 100k or up. The thick oil keeps the truck from walking while riding wheelies at high speeds

i have found that marvel mystery oil is good for after run oil. and good car parts house , and wall mart has it. but its NOT for RC fuel. for RC fuel oil if you are adding extra is klotz benol x2 bc-175, any good off road shop shold have it. i mix my own nitro and methanol. i DO NOT recommend it, its best to buy your RC over the counter that way you get the same fuel each time.

i already got 30k diff oil in it and now just looking for a good engine!