jato POS! whats wrong!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freerida69a

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My friend has a jato 2.5 he brought it out to me because i broke my leg to fix it and run it. I've tried everything: new filter, checked fuel lines, went from ez start to ez start and glow ignitor. i hold the ez start on and it just loads up on fule(factory settings), to the point where the filter is full! and the tank is half empty! this things just bein a bunch of headaches since hye bought it new! (forgot to mention i have checked and replaced glow plugs and still nothing, and the tank o ring is good and sealing)????????????? thanks guys!

You may have other issues..The best thing to do is remove the engine from the chassis and do an airleak test on it with the bubblesoap on a brush method...if airleaks are present then seal them up unless they are at the carb because you want to remove the carb ,remove the carb needles ,clean them up with denatured alchohol and also clean-up the carb body by soaking in denatured alchohol also....While you have the carb off and partially disassembled;-fully disassemble the slider or rotator and see if it isnt too worn out to work properly....If all checks out make sure to re-install the needles and carb body to the engine with new o-rings.The factory settings are 2 turns out LSN and 4 turns out HSN and I find those engines run good with carb settings around 1 3/4 LSN and 3 1/2 - 3 turns out on the HSN with an OS8 plug when thoroughly broken in..make sure to clean out the fuelfilter also and if it doesn't have one ;-install one and wash out the fueltank.Trinity monster brew runs killer in them also;-way better than the Traxxas brand..Nitro fuel is very temp sensative also and at ambient temps above 80% the fuel may and can expand in the tank and flood the carb from the car/truck just sitting with fuel in the tank.Try to use a fuel clip...Good luck

Last edited:
I have found that the blue cover that expands and what not aroudn the low speed needle was split and i think it was allowing too much air in, motors out and I'm sealing it right now.