jato or slayer as tmaxx alternate????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrferly2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've been mashin my maxxs for a while. I've got one built for speed, one built for toughness. I've been looking into picking up another, faster nitro. I've been lookin at the jato, 4-tek and slayer. I've eliminated the 4-tek because of its surface limitations. I drive mostly off-road and its all on-road. So my question is, between the jato and slayer which should I go with? I love love the speed of the jato but I'm worried its useless off-road due to it bein soooo fast and only 2wd. I'm worried if I go slayer, I won't notice a huge difference from my racing maxx. What so u guys think????

Well if you are considering a slayer, i believe you can consider the Revo.
Which is going to handle twice if not three times as well as a Maxx no matter what form it is in.

The jato isnt going to be very compatible to any maxx in any form. Rather it is a tough maxx or a fast maxx, Jato's are completely different then a 4wd MT.

I understand that is different. I'm lookin for different to mix it up a bit. I'm just wondering if the jato is really off-road capable. I don't want a revo kuz I'm lookin for some crazy speed when I do use it onroad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azi9g0tEuzc&feature=related"]YouTube - Traxxas R/C Projects - ULTIMATE OFF ROAD JATO 3.3[/ame]
http://traxxas.com/pitpass/hopup/news/Building-Ultimate-Road-Jato-33

Its pretty obvious in the second link that they're trying to sell some parts, but it gives you a good idea of whats needed.

It takes a little tweaking to set it up right, but that video right there is making me want one.

I've been wanting another stadium truck for a while, so I've been thinking about this too. The MTs are fun, but I miss the way the stadium trucks handle.

Both of my Traxxas runnin' buds have a T-Maxx, Revo, and Jato in their arsenal. They use all 3 every time we go out. I really like the Jato's as they inject a whole different kind of RC'ing all together. It's just fun to watch them spool up over 60mph. Quick little trucks!!!

I had a jato and sold it before I could have much fun with it cause it was winter time and I bought it all upgraded to do 85 ( it was clocked 4-5 times by different cops b4 I owned it) for 150 and got offerd 300 for it so i couldnt say no cause I didnt realize how much different and fun a 2wd is in the dirt and everything......... I would say you gotta have atleast 1 2wd to have fun all the way around...

Back