It's alive! aka Frankenstein's truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudspog

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I thought I'd better post something up, been lurking for ages..
This is my latest project.
It started out as a rescued Carlson 1/8 truggy, with no engine, and a few other bits missing or broken.
I was determined to spend as little as possible and incorporate as many bits that I had floating about in the shed into it.
It now has an OS 50 SX-H helicopter engine, an old skysport 4 (40mhz) tranny and receiver (a couple of spare channels.. hmmmn.. winch? lights?) a custom built exhaust (yeah,, sorry, but it works) and heat sink and as many bits as I could bodge to fit.
The most difficult bit to get right was the clutch.
The old OS motor has a 1/4 shaft, without the tapping for the end screw.. just a single 1/4 nsp thread all the way along.
And the throttle linkage was a laugh too, no idle screw on the carb.
Anyway, a few pictures to amuse..
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG

It looks awesome👍👍
Maybe even a bit overpowered😂

well. it is quite heavy... ;);)

That's insane , cool as hell but insane. Nice job getting all the parts together. Though the exhaust is a bit close to the fuel tank, insulation i hope? Love the GTO body. Way cool!

thank you... yep the exhaust did get a bit warm, bit of shaped aluminium with some mica sheet stuck to it will probably sort that..

Back