Issues with revo unresolved for a year. In need of drastic help. (spektrum/savox/pow

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tham121988

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I bought a revo 3.3 and basically remodeled the whole shabang. I picked up the vantage racing pipe, chassis which is carbon fiber, I got RPM A-ARms, savox SC-1256T for steering, savox sc-1258tg for throttle, SR3300T receiver (spektrum), The ds3x radio, 1600 nimh ofna for the battery, stock traxxas waterproof shift servo 2065. I have a brand new 3.3 engine as well.

My issue has been that the servos,radio,receiver are all not working right. The spektrum receiver will blink red when I turn left or right/ throttle. It will flash red and yellow. The wheels wont turn much if at all and the throttle wont work much if at all. If it does it jumps and then stops. The servos sound like binding is occurring but I have repositioned them.

The servos out of the body just testing do similar things. They aren't smooth or work right. The are jumpy and slow. The battery warning on the radio goes off every time a turn or a push of the throttle. I have a capacitor in the receiver and that didn't help. I tried using the old servos and they didn't seem as bad but they didn't even have enough power to turn the wheels or throttle because the throttle return spring was too strong for it to pull.

I am not sure what to do as I've searched the internet on these issues and the only close thing I find is that savox and spektrum has issues but it said they are fixed usually by a capacitor. I need some major help to get this eager rc guy back outside and playing with his toy. I sincerely thank you in advanced for any help.

With the blinking light on the RX it seems like it's not getting enough power. What is the voltage of the RX pack? It needs to be at least 6v nominal. After checking that, you might also try rebinding the TX and RX.

try and bind and different brand radio, I'm my experience, Spektrum and Savox doesn't play well together.

Spektrum and Savox doesn't play well together.

Yeah there can be troubles with glitching/browning out.

Having said that, I run Spektrum in both my rigs - one on LIFE, the other on LIPO, no glitch buster required and have never had a problem.

But your'e right, even Savox acknowledge that some receivers have issues - Savox even sell some Servo's with a glitch buster (capacitor)

OP - I use a Savox SC-1256T servo steering & on throttle/brake in one rig, with a SR3100 receiver (3300T I was using stopped working - 3100 has not given me any grief) and ds3x radio - LIFE batteries - no prob.

Savox servos are very inefficient (but I like them, and run many of them), that's one of the reasons they are much cheaper compared to a comparable Hitec / Futaba servo. You really need an external BEC to power those servos, even the puny little SC-0251 in my short course truck will brown out the built in BEC on my associated ESC. I added a Castle BEC and haven't had an issue since, and I run Futaba radio gear for the record.

Thanks for some of the info. Can y'all shoot me some links to what I should probably buy? Also whats a BEC? I think the battery could be old, it was used when I received the truck. What LIFE battery do you recommend?

That link didn't take me to an item on tower hobbies. It took me to an email sign up page. Can you double check it for me. Also castle link? Sorry these are new things for me.

Last edited:
The bec will most likely cure your problems.
You should also look into the castle link to program it if you don't have one.

How does a BEC help if running Nitro, I know the castle link won't:)?

O.P., I ran the savox 1256 in both throttle and steering all last season using a spectrum and a TRX link receiver in different rigs, no issues at all.

So last poster what are you thinking is possibly wrong? Battery?

Could be the receiver battery, how old is it and what charger do you use? I use the same battery in a lot of my nitro stuff and it runs the savox's well. Could also be a faulty receiver, or even the servo. Try a fresh battery pack 1st then a different receiver if you have access to 1. It’s a process of elimination to find the culprit.

The battery is old, I've never replaced it. What batter would you recommend? Someone above said life? Is there one on a website you could direct me to?

What LIFE battery do you recommend?

Do a bit of research on LIFE or A123 batteries.

You'll need a two cell LIFE battery that fits your battery compartment.

6.6V - keeps a higher voltage output for longer.

I run LIFE with the same servos and Spektrum - no probs.

As I said in my first post - I reckon the battery is your problem.

Make sure you have a fresh charge, or get a new one - ideally - LIFE.

(You will need an appropriate charger)

Thanks for all the help, spektrum sent me a new receiver for free thinking it will help. I purchased a protek 6.0 stick battery but i'm looking into the LiFe battery. I will wait until the new battery comes in and will report back. In the mean time if anyone knows an inexpensive life charger (under 40) please post up. Thanks again everyone yall have been excellent!