Is this possible and would it be cheap?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need help guy I’ve been looking at crawlers for a couple days now and I was wondering if I could buy prebuilt crawler axles and a chassis?

RTR's are cheaper than building one up. Unless you buy used, but then it's a gamble and may or may not cost more money if something unexpected goes wrong.

RTR's are cheaper than building one up. Unless you buy used, but then it's a gamble and may or may not cost more money if something unexpected goes wrong.
See I love rtrs and all but I would also love to say I built it and it’s more fun to build than to buy a rtr

If your looking for cheap, you're going to get cheap, cheap parts that are not durable, and that don't perform well. RC is not a cheap hobby, do yourself a favor, read, learn as much as you can, and in the meantime save until you can get a decent rig, something with good aftermarket support, as well as good stock parts availability, something that won't break every time you run it. Cheap means cheap in this hobby, and you'll end up spending more in the long run.

Your best bet is to build one yourself but the key is to take your time don't rush so you can find the best deals / bang for your buck.

RTR rigs are good to but they not worth the money in my opinion. Usually they are built with cheap parts or lack crucial good components.

You also have the possibility of buying a roller rig and then adding what you like thats missin like electronics and motor which can make a hide outcome depending on the combination you use.