is my engine bad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoexpert

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have the engine out of the truck i just replaced ez start with pull start when the glow plug is not in the engine it pulls very easily when i put the glow plug in it it is very hard to pull is my engine toast or has someone else ran into this problem i also thought that maybe the piston has to be in a certain position installing the plug

The fact that you can pull easily without a glowplug and difficult with it installed is about right. It just means you still have a good pinch left. Is this your first pullstart? When dealing with a newer engine they can be a bear to pull.

If you're uncomfortable with how it feels try warming the engine up before pulling it over.

It kind of sounds like you flooded the engine, I know I had this problem when i first started. Just take the glow plug off and put a peice of paper towel over the cooling system over the plug and pull the engine till you have no gas on the towel. This will get extra gas out of the motor. I know on the 2.5 its easy to flood, just pull the cord once to prime the engine.

The best way to prime the engine is to remove the pressure line from the pipe and blow into it until you see fuel getting through the line and to the carb. It's easy to over-do it that way, so be careful.
You can also plug the exhaust and pull the engine over, that will force the fuel through the line and to the carb.

---------- Post added at 6:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:22 PM ----------

To clear a flooded engine, put the truck upside down while removing the plug, pulling it over, and replacing the plug. That way the crud around the glow plug won't fall in the cylinder.
You can also spray some nitro cleaner around the plug to help clean the area before removing the plug.