Is a drill fast enough to turn over the engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaNMachine

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm having a world of crap tryin to get this engine to run,i kept snappin my pull starter so i got a geared drive so you can start with a drill but I'm not having any luck gettin it goin,i turn all the needles back to spec and it still wont run,new glow plug,odonnel racing fuel and a hot ignighter,i had it goin before for only a min but snapped the pull start and since replacing it I can't get it to run?????????????I'm almost positive its a good engine,so i was wondering if my cordless 12 volt is fast enough to turn over the engine?

It should be.

My old 12v Makita was plenty to start my old LST back in the day.

It seems to be plenty fast but no matter what i do it wont run

A drill is adequate. Is the engine priming? Since I put a roto start on my Force .32, I've had issues with it not starting right away too. I just keep cranking and put a finger over the exhaust to make sure it's primed, taking my finger off every so often to see if it ready to fire.

ill put my finger over the stinger but sometimes i will still have to blow into it but when i had my pull start i almost had it running smooth now i dont understand what happend?if i see gas comin out of my glow plug ill lean it a lil but still no luck,i even tried a diff carb?i dont know,I'm sure the engine is good and i dont want to have to buy another one yet.

Once you think it's getting fuel, unhook the fuel line and keep trying. Make sure you hook it back to the tank so fuel doesn't get pushed out of the line. If you're quick you may even be able to re-hook the fuel line and get it to stay running, if not, try to start it again with the line hooked up, it should go. I've done this many times in a flood situation it works.

I dont know, it just wont start anymore.I'm just gonna go with the o.s. 18

Good luck getting one. People on ebay will fight you in the last seconds of bidding to get theirs.

are you running the drill in the right direction? i guess if it was the wrong way i the owb would just spin. nevermind

Heat the engine with a hairdryer and crack the glow plug loose. As soon as it starts, tighten the glow plug up. If it dies as soon as you give it any throttle, it may need leaned a hair. Leave the ignitor on it for a minute until it warms up if you have to.

Back