is 200* good or bad for my engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvin42

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a oscvx with hyper head and it runs at about 195-200 and 230 when i run really hard at long high speed runs it has enough power to wheelie i just dont know if a nitro engine can run too cool. oh yeah these are my needle settings lsn .5 in from flush hsn about 1.25 out from lightly seated theres allways smoke comming out

Last edited:
wow is that really cool. I have the CVX with stock head and it runs at about 220-240 and after wot it may hit 250.
Also what percentage of Nitro you running. I am running 20%.

If you are getting the power you want it should be just fine if not, It wont hurt to go up another 10-20 deg.

200 sounds like your engine is running cool. But like Eddy said as long as you are gett ing the pwoer out of it you should.

What kind of temp gauge are you using?
I noticed that my Raytek IR temp gun will read about 20° higher than my MIP digital temp gauge with sensor loop.

In any case, I agree with the other guys. If you are getting the power you need, then you are just fine, and your engine will probably last longer too.

ok

alien i a running 20% monster fuel

and i am using a temp gun my dad brought home from work so I'm sure it reads he right temp i will tyr leaning it out a bit more for a little more power thanks for the replys.