Intrepid museum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scavind

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone here ever been there. I just when a couple of days ago and the renovations they did are great:D

It's been quite a few years, but I drove past it hundreds of times, and in the 90s they were about to shut it down and I went to help keep it going.
I don't live in New York any more, but is the SR-71 Blackbird still on the bow? That's the most amazing plane ever.

its still there. Ima upload some pics of the planes they had once they upload to photo bucket. I dont think i took a pic of that though

Last edited:
I remember seeing a documentary on all the trouble they had getting her out of her berth, so she could be taken away for repairs. I remeber them showing the Blackbird, and if I remember correctly, that SR-71 is actually an A-12 Article. Pretty common practice at air museums.

Looks like wet, heavy, packing snow.
The OD heli in the last pic is a UH-1B, but I have absolutely no idea what the red markings are for.

Great pics... Been there a few times for Fleet week..

The jet in pic 4 is an F4 Phantom.

The jets in pics 5-7 are MiG's I'm pretty sure. Not sure which ones, though.

Not sure about the other planes

If you had been there the other day you would have seen the airliner land in the Hudson river. I don't think the Airbus A320 should be on display there yet.:hehe:

Man that looks cold.
I'm trying to guess. 4th one down is an F4 phantom, only one I know. (slow to type Candyman) Knew the last one was a Bell, but couldn't remember the numbers. UH-1. (I feel dumb about that one)
Early migs all look the same to me. More into WW1 and the '30's planes.

I never miss a chance to go through an air museum. Even if they just have a few. First time at the Dayton Air Show it was 2 days at the museum. Was like a kid in a candy store :D
'Ol Lady hated me that week, but I had a blast.
If ya have a chance check it out.

The jet in pic 4 is an F4 Phantom.

The jets in pics 5-7 are MiG's I'm pretty sure. Not sure which ones, though.

Not sure about the other planes

Mig 21 and Mig 15, I'll check that later to be sure. The other helis shown were AH-1 Cobras.

i remember my dad saying that one of the migs there was a mig 17. I dont know if you can see it in the pics though.

The one in the back of the Huey in the last pic is an early Bell Cobra. It's also in the first pic.
The 3rd pic, the camo heli #704 is also a Cobra.

Last edited:
After a little research, it appears the blue #0327 is a MiG-17.
The green #624 is a MiG-15.
The brown is an Israel Aircraft Industries Kfir.

And because I'm a cheating bastard (the Intrepid Museum has all the aircraft listed on their site), the one with the folded wings is a Douglas F3D-2 Skyknight.

It's been FAR too long since I have been there. My buddy lives across the Hudson overlooking it though....so I've seen it from afar a million times. lol

Back