integy suspension kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
anyone know where they have the integy suspension kit for the savage xl in stock?

Honestly (and alot of people will agree) dont waste your $. Your better off going in a different direction as Integy quality wise just is not worth it. They make alot of beautiful looking product but functionality wise they are horrible. If your building a shelf queen than by all means go for it. If your building a basher or racer than look into Powerstrokes by Proline or any other mfr not named Integy. Just my .02

Actually the Integy kit I have works quite well. MSR8 big boy kit.

The problem with them,is people fit them like they are BB's for HPI and screw themselves through inexperience.

I looked over many threads where people had MSR8's and problems with them. Every one they were either over filled or using shock oil recommended for HPI BB kits.

I've crashed into curbs,hit a minivan, rolled at speed on pavement and I bent a BB from HPI before I bent a MSR8.

The reservoirs are setup pretty good so in roll overs they don't take as much of a hurting as you would think, actually the lid slides with BB's scratched up the top of them worse because there is only the top mount to slide on when the MSR8's have the thick lift to the reservoir that's tough.

The MRR8's I would not suggest as a dedicated "Basher" shock, but one of the pest performing on pavement for the Street Trucks. They match up perfectly with the Tremor Phaltline Street Tires.

Are you looking for the shocks or the suspension arms?

both but i just seen they had complete supsension kits and everywhere i looked was on back order

What about some love for RPM? Gauranteed replacement for breakage. Aluminum doesn't flex so if you bend it your screwed. The poly blend they use for rpm flexes so it doesn't break. Just another thought

What about some love for RPM? Gauranteed replacement for breakage. Aluminum doesn't flex so if you bend it your screwed. The poly blend they use for rpm flexes so it doesn't break. Just another thought

Much love, I have 2 complete sets. Blue & Black, love em much.

---------- Post added at 4:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:39 PM ----------

Dont get that ish, it's crap. Alloy gonna bust up your truck, bend up a bunch of stuff. I suggest to stay away from that crap & Run some RPM arms. Hell-of-a-lot-better & not expensive at all, well priced.

Yeah but the silver or purple looks better than the black to me. But I'm going to use it for bashing so want it to be strong durable and not be o there a 30 part half a tank in....which i've had none of that with my xl so far and i put it through some **ll. Jumps my slayer would of been $50 or more to fix if didnt land perfect took em like a champ time and time again. So far doesn't seem like needs any upgrades except for to brakes. But you can always make it stronger and look better.

I know lots of users on here say integy is weak aluminum and bends alot.

But for me personally.. i had a t maxx along time ago that after i broke almost every plastic part i converted the whole truck to integy parts... literally.. EVERYTHING .. i bashed the hell out of that truck after i got aluminum upgrades i didnt have a care in the world.. i was trying to jump over my friends roof after i first saw that video of that buggy jumping a house. and i crash ALOT attempting it and landing constantly on the nose or rear end and awkward angles.. and had that truck for about 2 more years with all the aluminum on it and actually never had one part bend the whole time.. I wanted a new truck so i parted it out and all the integy parts i sold over about 4 years ago are still on the guys tmaxx to this day with no issues.

my personal tips for aluminum upgrades where aluminum is connected to aluminum:

1. Lube the joints before and after every run.

2.ALWAYS try your best to keep the joints as clean as possible. Any grim or rough fine rocks get inbetween them it will seize them and thats what causes them to bend is when you have something just not able to move and receiving and impact.

3. thread lock alll screws.

4. have fun.

I'm not sure how much integy has changed their usage of material since the last time my t maxx was rocking their parts but if they use the same material as they did back then.. ill have to disagree with the people that say they are weak ... I'm not saying their wrong.. but I'm saying from my experience and how much i beat the crap out of that truck.. those parts held up so well i would use them again if i could. But honestly i dont have a problem with my savages stock arms.. thick and havent had one thing break since i got it a few months ago.

Also..i suggest ordering parts for your truck on ebay... its cheaper for you than the other company. and usually shipping is alot more affordable.

if you go to ebay.. and type " savage XL aluminum * youll have tons of results. Also if you want a better selection for arms and other parts just search for the savage x 4.6.. it uses the same arms and alot of other stuff.

heres for the XL http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...=savage+xl+aluminum&_sacat=See-All-Categories

if you want Integy here http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Savage-...Accessories&hash=item2eba3b0491#ht_1717wt_905

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...luminum&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

^ hundreds of parts

Yeah but the silver or purple looks better than the black to me. But I'm going to use it for bashing so want it to be strong durable and not be o there a 30 part half a tank in....which i've had none of that with my xl so far and i put it through some **ll. Jumps my slayer would of been $50 or more to fix if didnt land perfect took em like a champ time and time again. So far doesn't seem like needs any upgrades except for to brakes. But you can always make it stronger and look better.

The problem is the lower arms are too stiff. they will tranfer the shock to the bulkheads and frame rails, this = bent rails and broken bulkheads.

Trust me I have a couple of Hopped-Up Savages & I have Alloy lower arms and bent rails to show for it. I have 3 sets of Stock TVP's and 2 different Styles of FLM Aftermarket TVPs..

The Savage runs Twin Vertical Plates or TVP's not the same as other Trucks. The reason a Savage is so tough is because its designed to have flex points on impacts to dissipate the energy. Adding alloy arms that may work okay on other Trucks will compromise what makes a Savage so tough, and then you break and bend stuff. Defeats the point of driving a Savage.

Alloy arms on a Savage are for Shelf Queens, WORST thing you could put on a Basher. The opposite direction from your Goal Bro.

Adding all the weight that alloy will add just makes the hard landings harder. Break stuff faster, and break the PITA stuff to replace.

Unless "Bashing" means Driving real slow, no jumps and certainly not crashing or hitting anything... Your going to want to off that crap on fleabay. I wont even sell mine as I wouldn't sell crap to anybody, I'm better then that.....

Take it from the people that have Bashed their Savages, and all of them will tell you the same thing.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the savage stuff, but I've beat the hell out of my all aluminum pede, and it's held up fine. It's been cartwheeled, end over ended, etc from losing wheelies at 50+ on pavement numerous times as well as all the usual dirt stuff. I've broken wheels, FLM CVD drives, and tie rod ends, but all the alloy has held up. I left a few cheap break points like the axle carriers, but other than that it's all alloy. It is NOT integy stuff though, with the exception of the roll cage.

WHat are the hop ups youd add to it? Also I took it out the today would get out of first gear only a week old.

WHat are the hop ups youd add to it? Also I took it out the today would get out of first gear only a week old.

On a Savage, the first thing I'd do is build a set of BP diffs, and shim them up correctly. From there, a good set of skid plates that tie the chassis together and reinforce it. Then just upgrade stuff as it breaks, which will be rare. My Savage was tough as nails.

On a Savage, the first thing I'd do is build a set of BP diffs, and shim them up correctly. From there, a good set of skid plates that tie the chassis together and reinforce it. Then just upgrade stuff as it breaks, which will be rare. My Savage was tough as nails.

skid plates? Like alloy?