Integy parts...can I get some opinions on this stuff?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrock3.3

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
:DIve been looking into getting upgraded parts for my tmaxx. I havent broken anything more than a spur gear and steering knuckle so far but the aluminum looks hot lol What parts from the chassis down would be acceptable changed to aluminum? Such as drive line, A arms, ect...

First off, stay away from integy products, second, aluminum parts such as A-arms will bend. Check out RPM products, they are almost indestructible and are cheaper than aluminum.

If you plan to upgrade with Integy you'll know what it's like to break parts.
Pretty, but brittle.
Look into RCMall on Ebay or FLM.

Well, id already purchased the integy a-arms prior to any research and before joining this forum an meeting all you nice people lol So should I just take them off now or wait for them to break? Am I in any danger of sacrificing other parts on my truck with the poor integy products?

Run till they break. You might want to go with alloy shock towers and bulk heads and run RPM plastic A arms. RPM arms are the toughest out there.

All these alloy parts are from RCMall on Ebay, except for the extended TVPs from Fast Lane Machine.

It's got the hybrid diff/bulkhead installed, but that might have been from FLM. Just not sure on that one.

AlloyFr.jpg

Ok. Ugh. If only id found my way here before I started tryin to make my maxx look better lol Know anyone who wants to buy some integy parts? haha Like you said though, I think ill just go with that. Run it till it breaks and then replace them with the better more educated choice.

Now that you're here, don't get anything till you've checked with us. A lot of us learned the hard way and we'd like to help you avoid that.

Touche. Ill be sure to ask on here before jumping into anything again. Speaking of off-roading, what would you suggest for wheels and tires? My normal terrain consists of a ghetto back yard with small to medium sized rocks and a dirt pile we use to jump over the "no dumping" sign. I need something rugged enough to do half throttle turns in gravel without tearing a sidewall.

Ok. Sounds good. Heres one you may be more intrested in. I landed hard today jumping that no jumping sign and managed to break my spur gear. Can I get the stock gearing with maybe an upgraded material? or is this one of those parts you would rather break than sacrifice a more costly part?

For upgraded gears, look into Robinson Racing Products. They're available at most reputable RC retailers. You can pretty much replace every gear on your Maxx with a hardened steel version, except reverse - I don't think they make a replacement for that.

no one makes reverse gears for the maxx I had tried and tried and tried because I was stuburn and didnt listen..... even though reverse does help I have alterd my bashing style alittle to go without reverse... If you dont want to replace all the other gears aswell right of to metal then I would just go with the stock type spur gear.

Rolex, That is one very beautiful ( and clean) rig. Is that a savage? I kind of like the idea of springs on the body posts, are they a stock design or an upgrade? Thanks in advance for the insight.

Back