Integy Clutch....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdoom405

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know most of you guys hate integy stuff but I broke (another) stock clutch spring and my LHS was out so i picked up the integy 3 shoe clutch kit. Ran a half a tank of fuel with it and it works okay so far. Only thing that worries me is there is no room on the end of the crankshaft for the washer and the eclip so I'm running eclip only. Anybody ran into this?

It should be fine as long as your CB and spur line up flush, there is a tiny amount of play in the CB and it spins freely.

Cool, my only real concern is screwing up the crankshaft or bearing...I'll see how it goes...

I'm assuming aluminum shoes. I've been told by a reliable source that the Integy clutches are really quite good. I have a set for my next project.

If they use the same soft aluminum they do for the rest of their parts then I could understand why their clutch shoes are good. I've said it plenty of times. Not everything that Integy makes is junk. You just have to weigh the application to the material they use.

It has about 3 tanks through it now with the clutch and no problems so far except for a god awful rattling noise at the point just before the clutch hooks up or when you go off throttle. but the stock clutch did it too.. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Is need to listen to some other tmaxxes to see if they do it also...

They are aluminum shoes btw....I'll take it apart sometime this week and see how they held up after a weekend of running around the yard. I've seen people say they've only lasted them a couple tanks.....:\

I have run those clutches on many maxxes my revo and my jato and they all worked flawlessly

Back