installing fantom.12ps into xxx-nt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcwoodtek99

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
has anyone done this? i received the engine yesterday and went to install it last night. there are 2 extra parts that came with the engine that i cannot use. a round black piece with like fins on it and a washer that goes over it. i am using the original flywheel and clutch assembly that came on the mach .15. it seems to me that i have to get a brass cone for the flywheel to slip over. if i use the parts that came with the engine, it makes the whole engine/clutch assembly too long. has anyone experienced this? i hope i made sense.

I'm new to nitro myself, so I might not be correct. But what I've seen so far is there are two types of engines...a short shaft and a longer shaft (Pilot Shaft). A friend of mine had a similar problem, he bought a long shafted OS engine for his RC10 and had to saw it off to the right length.

I've bought an engine and it came with extra parts I had to remove for it to fit right.

Hope that helps some, good luck.

i had spoke with a guy at fantom and he told me the extra parts that came with the engine are not useable on the xxx-nt. so, all i need is the bevel cone and I'm good to go. thanks.

Back