Installing CVD/ New Member

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SScrewser396

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey Guys! First post here and am glad to be here. I finally got into nitro trucks, they are B.A., I broke my back left axel so went and got a cvd kit to put there so i wont have the problem anymore......I am having trouble removing the swivle arm off the rear transfer case. It looks like there is a pin in there I have to tap out but I wanted to be sure before I started knocking... PLEASE HELP.

Btw its a 2.5 w/ a 3.3 engine

First of all welcome to RCNT....its a GREAT site....yes you have to knock that pin out of the A-Arm inorder to get the arm off

cvd

That pin you are talking about has a hex set screw at one end. 2 mm hex will get it out. Sometimes dirt will get into the end of it making it hard to tell it is a hex. Set screw has pin attached and will pull right out. If you are replacing with steel cvd shafts make sure you use threadlocker when replacing these pins.

Also if you are using MIP CVD's there is a pin that holds the shaft to the output, make sure you use some shrink tubing around it or you WILL lose those pins. If your using the Traxxas CVD's your golden....

i thank you all for the help...took it out about 2 hrs ago and played around and everything worked golden besides the fast my tire alignment in the back needs to be adjusted.....so when i took it out forgot to put the wheelie bar on and it rips the antenna off lol so i need a new receiver now but hey it was fun.

Back