? installing a hump pack on a vehicle not designed for it ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
tmaxx 4909 with the 4 AA set up.

I have a 1600 mah NIMH on the way.

I plan to chop out the 4 AA holder at the on off switch on the receiver, chop the pig tail off the hump pack, and solder the hump pack onto the on off switch on the receiver.

I also plan to solder charging leads to the SAME POINT, leaving a charging pigtail dangling out the side of the battery box.

SOUND RIGHT??????

Thanks guys!!!!

That should be fine. Just make sure your not using too much voltage.

I did this a couple of months ago for a friend that was going through a rough patch but along with the many other things I did to his Tmaxx I wacked the 4 x AA holder out of there and put in a hump pack. besides being able to recharge it you will also get more voltage to the servos getting better reaction time. I didn't leaving a charging pigtail which I should have so instead he just has to unplug the inline plug to charge it. I think your logic sounds OK to me though.....

Sounds fine and will work good.Thats the way I have it in my Maxx now with 5 rechargeable 2450 mah batteries and used an old servo wire as the recharge wire.... but just incase you didnt know they make a direct replacement humppack for the T-maxx that looks like the battery case...You remove the battery box top with battery holder and switch with wire from the receiver and install the new unit in its place with the same two screws and saves time from all that cutting and soldering but like you said the other one is already coming..Good luck.

Last edited:
Sounds fine and will work good.Thats the way I have it in my Maxx now with 5 rechargeable 2450 mah batteries and used an old servo wire as the recharge wire.... but just incase you didnt know they make a direct replacement humppack for the T-maxx that looks like the battery case...You remove the battery box top with battery holder and switch with wire from the receiver and install the new unit in its place with the same two screws and saves time from all that cutting and soldering but like you said the other one is already coming..Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I was gonna chop up something that may have been important. I will now see if any of my blown servo wiring can be used THANKS!!!!!

BIG A+++++++++++ FOR surgemaster1970

UPDATE!!

I just checked YOU DA MAN!!!!! I was gonna splice in my battery charger mini pigtail directly to the battery. I just checked the blown servo PILE and I can use one of those wiring harnesses instead w out ruining the charger pigtail.

SERIOUSLY MAN THANKS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I did the old slice and dice tonight, actually wound up just cutting the battery cable in half.
Soldered the battery to the RX switch and then soldered the extra "pigtail" there as well (so I can charge it).

Charged it up, seems to work fine.

Back