Inexpensive shock sox.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can't take credit for this one. A guy at the local track suggested it and I thought I would give it a try. The surgical gloves are cheap and the fit is good.

fbda5ff1.jpg

Not sure, but I think you can dye them different colors too.

Last edited:
thats a very good i dea my dad has alot of those thank you that will save me alot of money
-bmoc

Here is the finished product (front and rear). Didn't take too long, maybe 30 minutes. Got a glove soaking in black cherry kool aid to see if I can dye it another color.

fbda4af4.jpg

fbda4b01.jpg

thats a cool idea ill try that

Originally posted by militarymaxx
Got a glove soaking in black cherry kool aid to see if I can dye it another color.

You should try food coloring or clothing dye. I'm pretty sure that that will dye the gloves. I have a whole box of those but....I dont think they will fit over my Savage shocks.

ok well I went to the dooctors office today and got llike 2 purple gloves 2 white gloves and 4 tan gloves Iam going to try that idea

how do you make them stay in place, do you just make them a little long and tuck them inside the spring?

Cool !! I've never thought of that....The most simplest things can help alot !!!:marshall:

thanx I am going to have to try it out

I bought these ones made by shocksocks.com at my LHS for $14.
Be careful threading the springs through so you don't snag the material.

65ShockSocks.jpg

You can also put the shock in a bottle then blow up the balloon and let the shock fall inside. Then deflate the balloon and shock socks are made.

Steve

I used balloons on my electric pede, after a while the balloons deterierated and ripped apart (guess i used cheap balloons) I'm planning on making some of my own for my t-maxx out of stretchy cloth stuff. The only with the rubber gloes, they can rip apart of somthing sharp like a twig were to poke it.

I used long baloons on the shocks for my savage, check my gallery for pix. So far I have only gotten two very small cuts on one rear shock, probably from when I ran it in gravel. Otherwise I haven't seen any deterioration in the rubber.

Do you think he is really going to go get the bag and the manufacturers number and post them?

If he did would you call them and find the nearest store that sells them? Would you go and buy them?

Go the damn store and look......

Dollar store variety. The name on the bag is Peachtree Playthings. It was a 20 pack of assorted "long shape" baloons. I got 4 packs (80 baloons) that had mostly yellow ones (to go with the yellow bronco body) and ended up with 3 sets of yellow, 1.5 sets of orange and a ton of mixed colors. The orange ones went on the old savage. Total cost per shock is almost negligable, about $.05, and so far they've lasted about a gallon and show very little wear.

Originally posted by FastEddy
Do you think he is really going to go get the bag and the manufacturers number and post them?

If he did would you call them and find the nearest store that sells them? Would you go and buy them?

Go the damn store and look......

Well, if you really want to know, the bar code number is 24328-24230, sku #574137 Item #24320

lol. I wouldn't a thought of it Eddy, thanks...

No prob, the bag was like right there, so I says to myself, why not. I would just like to be there when they ask the dollar store person if a sku# is in fact in stock. Damn, it took me like 20 minutes to find the things in the very back of the store.

A better place to try is a party supply store, but the one here closed.

Back