Inexpensive fuel line clamps.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Again, can't take credit for this one either. Saw it in one of my R/C mags. Pictures of the process are always nice. I used to use plastic zip ties but they often cut into the tubing. A few inches of tubing needed for the bands are way cheaper than zip ties and you don't need to cut the bands like you might the zip ties.

fbc96181.jpg

fbc9617c.jpg

fbc96174.jpg

fbc96171.jpg

fbc9616b.jpg

Excellent tip.

OMG, you guys haven't done this yet?

FastEddy told us all about it sooooo long ago. Here is an old old pic of my buggy.

582buggy-lidoff.jpg

I thought this tip was old school.

-Rob

I should get a new pic with new shocks and all the ano removed. ;)

:dumb: Where do u get these bands? Sorry if the question is stupid.

Originally posted by militarymaxx
A few inches of tubing needed for the bands are way cheaper than zip ties and you don't need to cut the bands

Originally posted by Team 17
:dumb: Where do u get these bands? Sorry if the question is stupid.
You're forgiven for the stupid question. I'll let militarymaxx's original words answer the question for you.

Not a bad idea. I use metal clips I got in the airplane section. They were realiively cheap.

Don't feel that way Fast. I'm sure all of us have re-invented the wheel once or twice in here. Maybe RCNT could create a FAQ forum. A place where newbies could go before they ask the "man, this has been asked so many times" question. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes. I have only been in the sport about 6 months, very new to Nitro so I'm still playing catchup on many of the threads. So, to all you newbies out there, let it be known that FastEddy came to my house and showed me how to do the fuel line trick (LOL). Most of us in here know who the 'go to guys' are and I consider you one of them. K, I'll pry my lips off your arse now.

Aww it was just starting to feel good.....

Thats ok I stole it from an old timer at the LHS.

I have used metal clips in the past and found them to cut the line given time.