Incredible pictures, you must see these!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
got this link in an email at work. Its some pics of one of our recent missions. I know you guys love pictures and even though i cannot take credit for shooting them i had to pass them on. monkey man your gonna love these!!

just a little glimps as to why i do what i do.:yes:

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm

those pics are awsome some of the best I've seen

I saw those on another forum. I have the third one down as my desktop right now.

i see this stuff all the time where i work so i normaly dont even notice them, i will see if i can find some that are more elusive. glad you guys like them

Absolutely stunning. It's hard to believe that we take something this amazing as just another every day routine.
It doesn't seem like that long ago that this would have been a VERY long stretch in a Sci-fi movie.

I'll be rotating those on my desktop. Just beautiful.

Those are simply breathtaking! Man, I've always wanted to go into space, just to see the pebble we live on from that vantage point. Those are just fantastic!

Great pictures thanks for putting them up for us to see.

Thank you for posting these Beason, they are absolutely beautiful!

HOLY COW! I love the second one.

Bryson

wow i don't know how i missed that last post..

i work for Lockheed martin. as most of you know my company builds much of the hardware our military uses as well as some commercial air liners.

the section i work for does subcontract work for NASA. we have many contracts based in the houston area out of Johnson space center.

cargo: basically they pack the shuttle. build mount brackets, hardware, package the delicate stuff in foam and built parts of the space station

msoc: is mission systems operations control. they are the behind the scenes of mission control. we handle all the audio and video feeds and also do mission support. we also have programmers that support the software that keeps track of everything going up and down. you have to track and document every bit of hardware, food, and even trash for weight reasons.

bioastronomics: they design some of the experiments that go on inside the shuttle and space station

decal: just like it sounds, we make all the aluminum decals you see labeling the food, wires, knobs, switches, and whatnot.

and the big one CEV: we are building the new capsual that will take us back to the moon and eventually to mars.

i see astronauts daily and work with many people who have been into space, or designed parts and hardware that is in space now.

i also have security clearance to get into building 30 which is where mission control is located. (houston we have a problem).

most of you hear about the shuttle launching or landing and think "cool". my whole building comes to a standstill when either of these is going on. we all watch the events on edge. its always a relief when its over... lol

i am IT and i support cargo, decal, and the machines we have at NASA. all together i support about 300 people by myself.

awesome. i wonder what walgreens they use to develop those.

Thanks beason, they are beautiful. I didn't realized you live in Texas. We're going to have to get together for a bash session. Now that I know we've got security clearance at NASA, I will start building an on-road to break the ever fascinating 100 mph mark, they've got plenty of runway for us to stretch it out.

Back