I'm wondering, .. Force R36

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deku

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
i've been rebuilding a trashed (by previous owner) Hobao Hyper 8 and readying up for completing this rebuild soon.

What i have already done with the motor (Hong Nor Force R36 black edition):
i ran in the motor in question with a hot glow plug, needle settings at factory, adjusted where needed and ran about 8 tanks on that plug(just to run it in).
once that was done, threw away the hot plug put a rossi medium cold plug in, tuned it for bottom end punch (a bit leaner on low end) and adjust the high (a bit richer) - fantastic performance so far but i know this motor has more unused power.

*so i am wondering what glow plug is optimal for this engine and or what pipe you might or would use with it?

to be more specific i already have 2 pipe's that are in shipping at this moment
the Dynamite 053 and a Hipex 2146 with L44X manifold. i can use these with other nitro's i have as well.
i am open for any suggestion and or help you could give me :)
At the end of the day, this hyper 8 is going to be used for bashing/trashing/jumping ect. anything but racing basically :p

If you need more info from me, feel free to ask :)

i've been rebuilding a trashed (by previous owner) Hobao Hyper 8 and readying up for completing this rebuild soon.

What i have already done with the motor (Hong Nor Force R36 black edition):
i ran in the motor in question with a hot glow plug, needle settings at factory, adjusted where needed and ran about 8 tanks on that plug(just to run it in).
once that was done, threw away the hot plug put a rossi medium cold plug in, tuned it for bottom end punch (a bit leaner on low end) and adjust the high (a bit richer) - fantastic performance so far but i know this motor has more unused power.

*so i am wondering what glow plug is optimal for this engine and or what pipe you might or would use with it?

to be more specific i already have 2 pipe's that are in shipping at this moment
the Dynamite 053 and a Hipex 2146 with L44X manifold. i can use these with other nitro's i have as well.
i am open for any suggestion and or help you could give me :)
At the end of the day, this hyper 8 is going to be used for bashing/trashing/jumping ect. anything but racing basically :p

If you need more info from me, feel free to ask :)
Oh that model engine is not any good , Ill do you a favor, as a friend, and take it off your hands...

I saved and saved to buy one for the longest, then the rona began.

I so badly want the .36r and .38r and time with them.

i get them mixed up but one or the other is same internally as K5.9

Plugs.. i only buy and run. Mccoy mc59. Duratrax gold. force brand Hot,

Fuel torco 30 and if i can't wait weeks for a new batch to be made and arrive, vp30

Thats it! I've Modded. Raced. Force Engines half my life and every plug and fuel comparing side by side. From a fresh break in on a new .25 with torco
And a fresh .26 using byron. The .26 ran lean up top bogged randomly and then mechanically seized after 1.5 gallons never exceeding 285.

That test was 12-14 years ago.

The .25 is on my desk still never touched with stupid pinch...

Oh that model engine is not any good , Ill do you a favor, as a friend, and take it off your hands...

I saved and saved to buy one for the longest, then the rona began.

I so badly want the .36r and .38r and time with them.

i get them mixed up but one or the other is same internally as K5.9

Plugs.. i only buy and run. Mccoy mc59. Duratrax gold. force brand Hot,

Fuel torco 30 and if i can't wait weeks for a new batch to be made and arrive, vp30

Thats it! I've Modded. Raced. Force Engines half my life and every plug and fuel comparing side by side. From a fresh break in on a new .25 with torco
And a fresh .26 using byron. The .26 ran lean up top bogged randomly and then mechanically seized after 1.5 gallons never exceeding 285.

That test was 12-14 years ago.

The .25 is on my desk still never touched with stupid pinch...
the force .38 is wacko, it drinks nitro for fun and performance wise it is 1 hair thickness apart from the .36
internally the .36 is "equal" to the K5.9, performance wise i'd say the K5.9 has better top power, but the R36 has huge bottom end power.
mid range is pretty much where the R36 dips down in power (for me) and the K5.9 keeps a stable/linear power climb.

**i forgot to mention i run 20 - 25% off road nitro fuel branded "Burning Fuel" (picture below)
its oil content remains unknown but i have spoken to the creators and they say it's above 9% and below 16% so.. i guess that's pretty good.
Prior to this fuel i ran Merlin, pretty great fuel to burn but its hard to get and when available only 16% nitro (20% if its in stock if i get lucky)
What i also forgot to mention is my weather condition doesn't surpass 34/36 Celcius (95F for you Americans out there)
and when its cold, its pretty much cold and i don't run my nitro's or barely run lol

Attachments

• BRN25B-4.jpg
    BRN25B-4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
More nitro with lubrication package to match is mo gooder. I wont run any of my nitros with a engine i care about below 35f roughly.

Time and time again 19 f -26f I've chucked rods out, or a crank bearing race fails and a ball smacks around before the rod jams it into the case.

Mind you this was boredom playing with ancient junk motors making run

More nitro with lubrication package to match is mo gooder. I wont run any of my nitros with a engine i care about below 35f roughly.

Time and time again 19 f -26f I've chucked rods out, or a crank bearing race fails and a ball smacks around before the rod jams it into the case.

Mind you this was boredom playing with ancient junk motors making run
Yea I've had a couple of engine absolutely explode on me during colder periods of the year.
one time the connecting rod split on the top(inside the piston) then it shattered into pieces and the piston somehow got cracked in half..
i still dont understand how a piston can crack like mine did..
but i learned the hard way to not run nitro's in extreme cold weather so anything under 44F i avoid running them lol

Back