I'm so close i can smell it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I've been working on these mgt's for a couple of months now. I started with a couple of 4.6 and found a thrashed 8.0 took all the best parts I had and built this one from parts. This is my first go round with rc stuff. I've got it completed but still having trouble with the little stuff. The engine is running hot and dies about 20 yards out and it dies when I break. Please help I'm so close
Thanks
20220629_163038.jpg

Nice ,took mine out today ,but my wheel locked up ,i need to fix it an get it
back for a good run!.
love the Mgt's ,i wish they would re pop them out!..:thumbs-up::cool:

Nice truck. I regret not buying the new 8.0 years ago. Yours looks amazing.

I've been working on these mgt's for a couple of months now. I started with a couple of 4.6 and found a thrashed 8.0 took all the best parts I had and built this one from parts. This is my first go round with rc stuff. I've got it completed but still having trouble with the little stuff. The engine is running hot and dies about 20 yards out and it dies when I break. Please help I'm so close
Thanks
View attachment 148470
I'm struggling with the tune, I do pretty good on the 4.6 but the 8.0 seems a little more difficult. And the worst part is I put all my best parts on it so now I have nothing to drive.
Nice truck. I regret not buying the new 8.0 years ago. Yours looks amazing.
Thanks, I want brun some nitro

I'm struggling with the tune, I do pretty good on the 4.6 but the 8.0 seems a little more difficult. And the worst part is I put all my best parts on it so now I have nothing to drive.

Thanks, I want brun some nitro

The 8.0 likes a lot of fuel ,I blew two of them up ,they are hard to find the right setting that makes them
happy ,just make sure that there is no air leaks in the carb needle o-rings or anywhere around the engine ,
an make sure it has good tank pressure ,check those rubber grommets on the tank an make sure they dont
bleed pressure ,they are prone to leak there on the tank ,the fuel nipple loosens up on them because
they screw on to the tank!..:thumbs-up:

Now this is about when I find another project and forget to finish! 🤣 Don't be me!!!
I think it's to late, I was helping a friend clean out his shop and look what I found. A freebie

Attachments

• 20220630_194402.jpg
    20220630_194402.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 40
You find one more I'm tempted to trade an HPI Nitro RS4 3 evo. 🤔😁🤣

Some guys have all the luck. 🤔🤔Congrats. Expecting to see a teardown and rebuild and a clean up.

Back