If you could only own 3 nitro rc's?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untchbl

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What ones would you choose and why? I have just recently aquired a BFT, but am already pondering the thought of other rc's.

I really don't know if I need 2 mt's, but am really drawn to the savage and the losi both. I think I will keep the mgt for sure, and play with it, but I just don't know. I'm going to try and limit myself to to of em at most.

Then on top of that, I will probably end up investing in a buggy to race when the time comes, so that is another thing I'm going to have to ponder.

And finally I think a nice little on road car woudl be fun. Which one and why again.

And for god's sakes don't ask me to search, cause I've been hard at it for along time now.

Or maybe you would just have 3 mt's, or a buggy and 2 mt's.

Any combo of nitro stuff, what would it be and why. Limit 3.

Brandon

You'll get the same info you got in your search. Everyone has different preferences.
As for me, I'd have 3 Traxxas Tmaxxs. One to run and 2 for parts.

right, I know everyone will have some different thoughts and opinions, just curious to see how this question plays out.

I kinda liked your answer. :D

Brandon

i would take a OFNA 9.7, a OFNA 7 and a HPI Savage. yes, thats correct i didnt say T-maxx. o yea BTW i have had 9 nitro R/C's... T-maxx, Sportmaxx, TRAXXAS Nitro Stampede, TRAXXAS Nitro Stampede, Nitro Hawk, HPI Nitro MT, HPI Nitro RS4 2, OFNA Ultra MBX Pro, OFNA Ultra MBX pro. Right now i have a T-maxx, Sportmaxx, and the 2 OFNA Ultra MBX Pro's.

later

cool, thanks for the insight.

You like the mbx's I guess? lol

Brandon

I already own 3, Kyosho FW-04, NTC3 and a Fusion 21. The Kyosho is basically for the wife to play with so she can learn to control as well as stay out of my hair when I'm at the park. I am working on the next one which I will use strictly for racing ... Serpent 710.

I prefer on-road to off-road so the following list is what I would prefer...

Fusion 21 (just for messing around with at the park with friends)
Nitro TC3 (basher as well as a back up car for racing)
Serpent 710 (strictly for racing)

That is my list and order of preference. IF I wanted something to take off road, I'd get the Savage SS.

I was contemplating getting the Savage SS but realized soon after my brother got his, that after 2-3 tanks of running the MT, I got bored. I prefer the speed and technical side of on-roads since I have been bitten by the racing bug.

xtm x-terminator deluxe, hpi savage, hpi savage. i own 5 nitros, listed in my sig.

BTW diver..did you grab any stupid air with the savage? (IMO what it is made exactly for) if so you still thought it was boring?? hehe jsut wondering.

untchbl said:
cool, thanks for the insight.

You like the mbx's I guess? lol

Brandon

yea they are nice, plus when i bought the one , i had enough parts to build 80% of another one, so i have 2.

later

Alkyula, as a matter of fact I got a lot of air with the Savage. There's a lot of people here that have monster trucks and buggies in our club but for the most part on road is where my heart is. It is fun but as I said, my preference is speed and a technical or semi technical track with a nice straight that leads into a high speed sweeper, not jumping.

My brothers savage gives me something to do while the track is being laid out.

The NTC3 is a great car for the beginer as well as the seasoned racer. This car is very versatile for everyone's needs whether it's running at the park or racing at a track. I do both and the NTC3 was my first nitro car.

The car grows with the driver. It can be adjusted to suit track needs and most of all it's well supported by many hobby stores. Hop ups are everywhere!

I have the older version kit but it can be upgraded to the version 2, factory team with no problems. That's just a few of the reasons I like this kit.

I am upgrading to a Serpent 710, but this NTC3 will always have a place in my heart as well as my stables as a backup car for racing.

good info, I'm still needing to check out the onroad scene in my area, before I start looking that direction, but the ntc3 seems like a fun little ride.

Brandon

if i could only have three i'd get:

xtm x-terminator pro (i have the deluxe)
rc10gt or nitro rustler (what i have now)
revo/lst (still undecided)

If I could only have 3??? Oh, just the thought of it makes me nervous.
Mugen MRX3 Osaka, It's a f&*$@n beast of an onroad car (8th scale $$$)
Kyosho Kanai 3, It's one of the top off road buggies
And probably My Monster GT. It's a good handeling and tough Monster truck.

well the 3 sitting on my dining room table right now are a HPI super nitro for on-road, an HPI Nitro MT for stadium truck, and a PRP swift for 1/8 off-road racing.

any 3 huh? I'd go with the new kyosho 777, keep my hyper 7 pcr, and get a LST!

ratzo, you like the mgt?

Brandon

storm sut kit, storm pro, and savage. 2 that i can race, and one to bash. I need the sut and i have my 3.

Last edited:
Serpent 950r
Mugen MRX 4 (coming out soon)
LST/GENISIS