Idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Idling a little weird

Ok, when she is all warmed up at a good temp she seemed to have a fluxuating idle. Basicly at idle she jumps up and down, not too high or low, just not steady.
Any ideas?

my first guess would be an air leak, that's what the symptoms sound like

yes sounds like a ir leak causeing a lean condition

Rob

I thought it might be a air leak. I put a dynamite fuel filter and noticed that if you tighten the two halfs it spits the o-ring out.

It is a 2.5 Eddy.

I had the engine off to clean Matts, the backplate looked fine with no oil residue around seals..

Thanks guys, I am willing to bet it is the fuel filter.

There one other thing that can cause it to act up a dirty airfilter. If you not getting good air flow your idle will go up and down as the engine tries to get air.

My 2.5 came out of the box with a pinhole in the fuel line right next to the carb. You may want to replace the cheep factory stuff with some good clear line. May not be your issue but thought I would mention it.

Thanks guys, I think I will be replacing the fuel and pressure lines.
:cool:

The best thing to do would probably be to pull the engine apart and clean it, then go over the carb and set everything to the factory specs.:cheers:

CarGod,
Please post you replies into an existing thread don’t make a new one.

Replaced the gasket in the filter with a tighter fitting one.
Then I did a pressure lockdown test, all was fine.
Took her out and she purrs like a kitten.:cheers:

Back