Ideas, Ideas...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RET4RD

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I was flipping through some older Pop Mech issues the other day, and I came across this ad. No surprise to me, as I've seen that ad a billion times before.

https://www.epiloglaser.com/laser-machines/fusion-edge-laser-cutter-engraver/

But for some reason, this crazy idea popped in my head: I buy the machine, and set up a small online business where people send me their chassis, shock towers, etc.....and I engrave custom designs.
The whole reason for this thread was to feel out and see what kind of need there is for this kind of stuff in the RC community. If you think it's a cool idea, drop a comment.

We have a similar laser at work (different brand)

There are a lot of materials that are not laserable, like anything with a PVC base. PVC outgasses chlorine which will destroy the laser and sucks for your health. Also, a CO2 laser doesn't have enough umph to engrave metal, you need Fiber laser to do that. Do a little homework before jumping in, you will be happy you did. Lots of good products out there, just make sure you get what you need to do the job. 👍

There is a bit of a learning curve, but you can do some cool things. :)

This is what we have at work.

We have a similar laser at work (different brand)

There are a lot of materials that are not laserable, like anything with a PVC base. PVC outgasses chlorine which will destroy the laser and sucks for your health. Also, a CO2 laser doesn't have enough umph to engrave metal, you need Fiber laser to do that. Do a little homework before jumping in, you will be happy you did. Lots of good products out there, just make sure you get what you need to do the job. 👍

There is a bit of a learning curve, but you can do some cool things. :)

This is what we have at work.
Dam bro that's pretty sweet. Any chance u happen to know how much your machine cost?

I'm pretty sure it was right around 80K, and that was a while back. There are cheaper brands but beware the cheaper the price the more problems you will run into. Some are water cooled and that's a hassle. Like anything else, try to get the most for your money, but don't get taken. :thumbs-up:

Back