ID buggy from early to mid 2000. Ofna?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scalded-dog

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an old 4x4 buggy with no papers or indication of what model. It was baught on ebay in mid 2000's. It is a 4x4, has a hyper 21 engine and was claimed to be an ofna car.
For future parts etc.. is there any guess of what this car is for parts buying later date. I assume its a thunder tiger due to body. Was this a decent car in its time or more of an off brand? Parts availabily is aconcern if i bother to run it much.

Thanks
20170426_211559.jpg
20170426_211720.jpg
20170426_211617.jpg

Last edited:
yeah its 1/8th. Looking at internet pics of the ofna mbx r2... i would say you are right on. Since OFNA is gone can a person still get parts for it from Hobao? Is there any sort of general interchangeability with other buggy manufacturers regarding a arms driveshafts etc?

I would look up ofna parts. I was looking for some kind of obsure ofna parts a while back and found them. Also, if you search eBay as well as some of the older, established hobby shops, you will likely be able to find what you need. I am not sure about interchange with other kits.

Last edited:
Not sure what version that is ,but I think that I had the Lx1 ,which had the Ofna force 21 on it!

What differs is the engine an a-arm & steering knuckles on some of them,

Hyper 21 an the force 21 are different complete engines an do not enter change with each other ,
The Hyper 21 is the bad ass!...:D

Oh ,I'm quite sure that it is an Ofna ,they put out different model buggy's back in the day ....
like I said ,they put out one with a sport Ofna force 21 engine which may have been the Ofna Lx1 version an
the other had the Ofna hyper engine an I'm not sure what it was!...:cool:

Definitely an Ofna Ultra MBX r2. Early version. I had the late model... had a different receiver box. They sold these as a roller too. Nitrohouse may have some parts for these left. Parts will be getting more & more scarce - Ebay would probrably be best. Not positive but the arms and spindles form the Ultra comp may fit on the diff cases.
I put a GTP, 2-speed in mine, a set of gtp shocks, and switched between on & off road. Fun buggy!

Back