I think my carb needs to be rebuilt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Its a Savage 25, i can't get it to run right. But it is cold out(24F) I wrap the head! Should i buy a new carb or just get the new parts from HPI? thanks.

Seems like the Needles are too touchy, i can't get it to be able to be floored ever! I try leaning it and richening it and it just runs like crap! You think a tuned pipe would make it easier to tune the thing? thanks. anything else someone can think of to help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

Last edited:
I know you want to play in the snow, I want to also I live in Ohio, The problem is some nitro engines just dont like to run when it is that cold. I have heard on here before anything below 40* can make it hard to tune. You might want to wait alittle bit till warms up, then try it again before you rebuild or replace something that doesn't need it. Just my $0.02

Well i got it to run a bit better, now it has doesn't stall when i floor it, but now from a stop when i floor it its slow! But doesn't sound like its bogging just takes off slow. I try to richen it up and then it boggs, then i lean it and it almost stalls, its super sensitive. Anyone else run these things in cold temp? thanks.

You might not be richening it enough. Lean engines still bog.

yea its a pain in the ass lol. i was told to hold the truck in the air and floor it until it spins the fastest. thats for tuning the HSN, so i got that done and it runs faster then before, still could be faster i think.

Now when i mess with the LSN it stalls sometimes, i go to lean or too rich, also once it stalls it doesn't start up as fast as it used to, so i thought it is too lean, its hard i will probly mess with it tomorrow somemore, i will wrap the head alot better and hope that will help.

I've ran mine in 15F temps in snow with no problems, slight tuning change but it was easily done.
Is the engine in good shape? If it's getting worn, cold can play havoc with the tuning.

Changing the pipe probably won't help in this situation.

You might try a really hot glow plug.

As for the carb, I usually rebuild but I am more mechanically inclined than a lot of people so I like to fix rather than replace. New carbs are fairly cheap on feebay.

I fixed it, it runs very fast now, but no wheelie off the line but it moves! doesn't slow down in snow any more, spins all tires through it! Strange the way it happened though, i got it running ok, after messing with it for so long then i turned the LSN a lil too much it stalled, so i guesstimated how much i turned and turned it back, then it WOKE UP! i wont touch the screws again until it warms up, it ran super nice today too!

But unfortunitly my engine mount bolts came lose and my spur got chewed, i figured it would have been lock tighted, but i bought it off ebay and that what happens i guess. so now I'm replacing that :)