I need help with tires 1:8 scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeTop

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Newbie here and I want to build a flatbed trailer in 1:8 scale. I'm having trouble finding tires and wheels and parts in general in this size. Can anybody point me in the right direction/links??? Where can I buy stuff in 1:8 scale???

Thanks, all,
Spike

1/8 scale rc box or flatbed that will be a toughy. I know Tamiya has 1/14 scale...I think your gonna have to go to a lhs and see what you like..you might end up with like a shore 35 and trim it down in width

You can try road rage tires in 1/8 scale .but the problem is ,they are wide ,but for a trailer ,you might can use a 1/10 scale
tire ,as you might can find a skinnier tire size ,you might be able to even use a 1/8 buggy tire an wheel!

I want a skinnier tractor style tire for my 1/8 scale mt like they use on the Mudder truckers race trucks ,but ,I would
probably have to try to make them ,I know that there is RC tractors out there an is popular!

2 wd front buggy tires are skinnier...and some drag race front tires are skinny.

Has anyone got a link to these ideas? I don't know where to buy them. I don't know who sells them.
Thanks

20191220_185444.jpg

20191220_185210.jpg

20191220_185244.jpg

the trailer bed is 11 by 22. They are RC 4 wheel drive spring set. RC four-wheel-drive shackles. I built the equalizers and mounts in the shop. The tires are 1.9 Steel beadlock with Super Swampers on them. I ordered some axles for it and I'm having trouble making the bearings work my Wheels. when I get finished there will be fenders over the tires tool box on the front. I'm still looking for a scale Jack that I can put on the front. the ramps are already made

20191220_185312.jpg

20191221_161211.jpg

20191221_161418.jpg

20191221_161439.jpg

Very nice, Bob! Thanks for the ideas.
My trailer is for an 18 wheeler not a buggy trailer tho.
I like the way you assembled it. Are those nylon 'rivets'? I don't weld so something like that and or nuts and bolts is all I can do. I have no way to cut metal so I'll be making mine out of plywood with a Dremel.

they have everything you need for scale trailers. sorry if I offended you with my pics

LOL...It is NOT offensive ,I love seeing your pics!....:cool:

I was just letting you know that ,you might need to put all pics in one post ,rather than a post per pic!.....LOL

I don't do facebook or twitter or any of that so I'm new to all this, just bear with me : I'll catch on. I had to fix a truck for a friends grandson to get him to show how to post.:cool: no pics follow?

I don't do facebook or twitter or any of that so I'm new to all this, just bear with me : I'll catch on. I had to fix a truck for a friends grandson to get him to show how to post.:cool: no pics follow?
definitely should start a thread showcasing your work all in one spot (or a thread per build) so we dont have to jump back and forth to see your handywork!
great pictures and craftsmanship, we all love seeing the pictures, so please don't take it the wrong way.

i did something similar when i was rebuilding up my rigs after i took an extended break (should really go back and update them ?), helps to show progress for both personal use and to share for those that need it. and to come back to the build remember why you did things a certain way or the next time why you should either do it the same or maybe have an idea to make it easier. (helps both you and if someone wants to take pointers on their own venture.)

Back