I need help identifying a car.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gablon

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I found a (i think) team losi roller, it has team losi skidplates and yellow team losi wheels with soft tires (like the ones for dirt track buggies) they dont fit the car. The car has a castle mamba motor+ecu. Heres a picture
WIN_20221027_15_00_28_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221027_15_00_44_Pro.jpg

I am not an expert on the Losi line ,but it appears that someone turn that into an electric version from gas nitro ,
back in the day people use to mod their trucks an add different stuff & hop-ups to them ,hence the color theme ,
so the wheels didnt fit with those hexes ,but the hexes can be changed or a new set of wheels can be bought!
I am not sure if Losi ever put out a electric truck of that version back then ,those electric components are a brand
of their own!.. :thumbs-up: :cool:
Oh ,nice score an those RPM a-arms are awesome as those are a hop-up as well!..😍

I am not an expert on the Losi line ,but it appears that someone turn that into an electric version from gas nitro ,
back in the day people use to mod their trucks an add different stuff & hop-ups to them ,hence the color theme ,
so the wheels didnt fit with those hexes ,but the hexes can be changed or a new set of wheels can be bought!
I am not sure if Losi ever put out a electric truck of that version back then ,those electric components are a brand
of their own!.. :thumbs-up: :cool:
Oh ,nice score an those RPM a-arms are awesome as those are a hop-up as well!..😍
Thank you so much, my buddy and I found out it used to be a Team Losi LST truck, and as you said, it was converted from gas to electric. I was seriously struggling with that motor placement. Again thanks for the help!

Thank you so much, my buddy and I found out it used to be a Team Losi LST truck, and as you said, it was converted from gas to electric. I was seriously struggling with that motor placement. Again thanks for the help!
Was it converted from gas or nitro? Also What is the overall length of the kit from the tip of the front skid plat to the tip of the rear skid plate?

Was it converted from gas or nitro? Also What is the overall length of the kit from the tip of the front skid plat to the tip of the rear skid plate?
By gas I meant nitro, they don't make gas rc cars (except very big models) idk the size maybe like 3 feet?

By gas I meant nitro, they don't make gas rc cars (except very big models) idk the size maybe like 3 feet?

Ah ,yes they did exist ,but I said gas referring to nitro ,I should had said nitro fuel ,the reguler
gas version I believe was an all red chassy!.. :thumbs-up: :cool:

It was the Losi LST XX L2 1/8 scale monster truck!

One of the versions of the truck you have was gas kit. I need an exact measurement from the center of the front wheel hex to the center of the rear wheel hex in order to tell you the exact model.

Ah ,yes they did exist ,but I said gas referring to nitro ,I should had said nitro fuel ,the reguler
gas version I believe was an all red chassy!.. :thumbs-up: :cool:

It was the Losi LST XX L2 1/8 scale monster truck!
🤯 Woah that things huge! Thanks for sharing

Mine looks small because I don't have wheels or a body I'm used to 1/10 scale so these just look massive to me

What you have was a very popular truck back in the day ,they are collector item an are
sought after by some!.. :cool:
Didn't know that, thanks! Are they valuable or rare? Or is it more of a nostalgia thing? I want to keep it and get it working regardless

Didn't know that, thanks! Are they valuable or rare? Or is it more of a nostalgia thing? I want to keep it and get it working regardless

I dont know too much about them ,but they came out with a LST 1 & an LST2 ,I dont know which
one you have ,maybe that is why GreyWolf wants the exact measure!

This guy here also knows about them an can give a little bit of info!

I dont know too much about them ,but they came out with a LST 1 & an LST2 ,I dont know which
one you have ,maybe that is why GreyWolf wants the exact measure!

This guy here also knows about them an can give a little bit of info!

Grey is the LST expert here. He has a few of them, and some damn nice ones to boot. They show up in the media gallery here all the time.

Yup, the LST platform is my all time favorite. Theyre not really rare. You can find them quite often on ebay although typically stock which this one does have some after market hop ups on it. Theyre not really expensive, or at least not any more expensive than any other 15 year old 1/8 scale Monster Truck.

Just need that wheel base measurement and I can tell you the exact model.