I need a little help........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_pint

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, so I have a losi LST with a JR XS3 Transmitter, well.... my 7 month old got a hold of my transmitter, and pressed and played with about every possible setting she could.

The truck is a second hand truck, in really really good condition, ( I only had a chance to drive it once after my husband "checked it out") anyways now if I turn the truck on it fine, as long as the transmitter is not on, but if I turn the transmitter and the truck on, the servos completely freak out, and make EVERYTHING twitch.

I don't have any clue what any of the settings on the transmitter were, or how to fix them, I'm extremely new to R/C and my husband is realitivly new, so we are both at a loss.:( I'm really hoping its the transmitter and not all of the servos.....................

Any Ideas???

Go to rcdocuments.com and download the manual for that transmitter. It covers all the settings so you should then be easily able to get things working again.

Go to rcdocuments.com and download the manual for that transmitter. It covers all the settings so you should then be easily able to get things working again.

:( here's the part where the girl comes out...... i did that and i don't understand where everything should be set to... can i set it back to the default settings?

It's been a while since I messed with a JR radio, you could take the batteries out and leave them out a while,that may get the defaults settings if there are any.

First thing to check is to see if the channel number matches the receiver.

That should get you close provided the truck is stock electronics wise, and depending what the previous owner did. Check that the Transmitter crystal is not broken and is plugged in firmly. If your little girl dropped the radio, that could be an issue. Radio shack has crystals that will work in it for cheap. Take the TX in with you for comparison.

It's been a while since I messed with a JR radio, you could take the batteries out and leave them out a while,that may get the defaults settings if there are any.

First thing to check is to see if the channel number matches the receiver.

checked channel and reciever; may just have to wait til i go back to a decent hobby shop, the one here is a mom and pop and deals in only traxxas.....

Thanks for the advice... yet again :D

XS3 has no crystals - it set in the computer.

Also there can be 6 models stored,try switching though them and see if one still works.

Also there can be 6 models stored,try switching though them and see if one still works.

you my friend are a genius!!!

my husband had bought a Hotbodies lightening from the same guy that had the same controller, both cars were programmed into each controller!!! swap controllers problem solved.....

mmmm feel a little slow right about now.........

Thanks!!:D

i thought that the XS3 was the AM version, thanks for catching my mistake! Forgot that was the good one.

you my friend are a genius!!!

my husband had bought a Hotbodies lightening from the same guy that had the same controller, both cars were programmed into each controller!!! swap controllers problem solved.....

mmmm feel a little slow right about now.........

Thanks!!:D

i wouldnt feel bad about asking questions,we all have been there I'm sure and i dont think your "slow" by any means and after all thats what these forums are for,"TO HELP PEOPLE GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS HOBBY!"

i wouldnt feel bad about asking questions,we all have been there I'm sure and i dont think your "slow" by any means and after all thats what these forums are for,"TO HELP PEOPLE GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS HOBBY!"

thanks!
And thanks guys!!

these radios today are way to complicated anyways lol

Back