I love my Revo!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftedcj7on44s

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Why oh Why did i wait so long to buy one of these. When the savage's first came out a friend of mine bought 2 of them. I Was running an on-road nitro car and seeing those savage's jumping and running around on the dirt i was hooked. Well fast forward 6 years and i got a Revo 3.3 5308. I've only had this thing about 2 weeks but it is freaking awesome. I've built a home made jump in the back yard which throws the truck about 5 foot in the air and about 8 or 9 foot out. Who says the revo can't bash!!!. I've got 4 inch deep craters in the yard to prove that this thing is tough. I have ran it everyday i have had it for the 2 weeks. I run 3 tanks per night when i get off of work. I have only experienced 1 issue and that was the spring on the clutch shoes coming off but was an easy fix. I figured i had it tuned pretty well, well today i was proven wrong. The truck has lots of low end grunt and great top end and always had a blue smoke trail. But something was missing. When running my on road car i remember the fuel burning my nose when i was running it. I was not getting this with my revo. So today i brought the trusty temp gauge home (raytek) Did some bashing like i usually do and was checking temps. They were hovering around 270. Ok thats about as far as i need to push it. So i decided to run the truck really hard Wide the F open. Brought it back in and saw a temp reading of 302!!!!! Whoa waaay too hot. I richened up the LSN and the HSN just a little bit. Truck still had great power and maybe just a bit more low end grunt. So i decided to run the truck even harder. Had it at top speed for a good 8 seconds. i did this twice back and forth and checked temps. Hottest i saw was 240. Awesome perfect and it run great. And guess what? The fuel was burning my nose now. Yes that is what i was looking for. So for the 2 weeks I've had this thing I've been running it waay hotter and leaner than needed. I am sorry for the long story but i honestly love this truck. I would recommend a revo to anyone that is into nitro. I honestly have not had this much fun in a long time. I've owned a few dirt bikes that were fun but this revo tops them all. It is honestly a genuine show stopper. I love it.

Revo for life here too!!!
Post some pics of your track ;-}

Why oh Why did i wait so long to buy one of these. When the savage's first came out a friend of mine bought 2 of them. I Was running an on-road nitro car and seeing those savage's jumping and running around on the dirt i was hooked. Well fast forward 6 years and i got a Revo 3.3 5308. I've only had this thing about 2 weeks but it is freaking awesome. I've built a home made jump in the back yard which throws the truck about 5 foot in the air and about 8 or 9 foot out. Who says the revo can't bash!!!. I've got 4 inch deep craters in the yard to prove that this thing is tough. I have ran it everyday i have had it for the 2 weeks. I run 3 tanks per night when i get off of work. I have only experienced 1 issue and that was the spring on the clutch shoes coming off but was an easy fix. I figured i had it tuned pretty well, well today i was proven wrong. The truck has lots of low end grunt and great top end and always had a blue smoke trail. But something was missing. When running my on road car i remember the fuel burning my nose when i was running it. I was not getting this with my revo. So today i brought the trusty temp gauge home (raytek) Did some bashing like i usually do and was checking temps. They were hovering around 270. Ok thats about as far as i need to push it. So i decided to run the truck really hard Wide the F open. Brought it back in and saw a temp reading of 302!!!!! Whoa waaay too hot. I richened up the LSN and the HSN just a little bit. Truck still had great power and maybe just a bit more low end grunt. So i decided to run the truck even harder. Had it at top speed for a good 8 seconds. i did this twice back and forth and checked temps. Hottest i saw was 240. Awesome perfect and it run great. And guess what? The fuel was burning my nose now. Yes that is what i was looking for. So for the 2 weeks I've had this thing I've been running it waay hotter and leaner than needed. I am sorry for the long story but i honestly love this truck. I would recommend a revo to anyone that is into nitro. I honestly have not had this much fun in a long time. I've owned a few dirt bikes that were fun but this revo tops them all. It is honestly a genuine show stopper. I love it.

hey man it may have been long but it was heart felt "it was beautiful man" lmao rotfl. . .just kidding but revo's are great i love mine. . .but i can't run it till i get the damn motor mount GRRRRRR:angry: oh well when i do get it it will be awesome

hey man it may have been long but it was heart felt "it was beautiful man" lmao rotfl. . .just kidding but revo's are great i love mine. . .but i can't run it till i get the damn motor mount GRRRRRR:angry: oh well when i do get it it will be awesome

POOR POOR ROB LOL!!!! WE feel your pain. :angry:

its really depressing i just keep looking at it and its begging to go out for a beating but it has no powerplant so i can't oh well when it does come in it will be even better. ..but the suspense is killing me

LMAO!! I can see Rob pushing his around going VROOOOM VROOOM!

LMAO sorry Rob i had to.:D

Anyway i love my revo. I had a few issues with mine a few days back that put mine out for a couple days and it just SUX! ( I feel your pain Rob)

ok ok ok. . ..who saw me. . .i am sooo embarassed. . .:hehe::hehe::hehe:
not really but it would be funny

LMAO... You know i had to say it Rob:D

I think i would die if i saw someone doing it.:\

LMAO!! I can see Rob pushing his around going VROOOOM VROOOM!

LMAO sorry Rob i had to.:D

Anyway i love my revo. I had a few issues with mine a few days back that put mine out for a couple days and it just SUX! ( I feel your pain Rob)

HAHA THAT WOULD BE HALARIOUSE

I am also out of action with a broken pull start spring and a hole in my exhaust :(

LMAO... You know i had to say it Rob:D

I think i would die if i saw someone doing it.:\

oh my dear god yes i would be rolling on the ground laughing so hard i wouldn't be able to contain my self

lol...

You know what sux? 2 out of 3 of my riggs are down right now.

(Don't look at me turn your back.......Vrooom Vrooom Push Push.....):\

lol...

You know what sux? 2 out of 3 of my riggs are down right now.

(Don't look at me turn your back.......Vrooom Vrooom Push Push.....):\

ahhh ha so it was you that they saw.. "hey guys it was jnijritz that you saw pushing his revo it wasn't me. . .point and laugh at him not me"

LMAO

LMAO... Thats ok..

Might as well join me Rob. You can stop when they look. I will take the crap from everyone :)

lol. . .yea that works for me. . .but soon enough all the rigs will be in running order and we won't have to push them around any more

Iv been waitin a week for escalade ext body well it came 2day along with my lights.i painted it camillion.(blue green orange.just tried it out and the picco ran better than it ever has.:d

Pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

Ill try to do it 2nite.it looks awesome.rob have u got to run the picco yet?

no :( still waiting for the engine mount. . .the status on tower hobbies just went from mid april to on order 2 days ago. . .so in theory i should be able too really soon. . .i hope:ponder2:

Back