I know it's a T-MAXX but ....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said anything about the 3.3 being a big block and I stated that the 21TM was a mid-block along with a few others I knew from a long time ago that were also mid-blocks. Some that dropped right in to the small block mount and some that didn't that came with a special mount just to fit them and I explained how you would need a kit to install an big block (which is what most people consider a typical 1/8th scale .21-.32 engine).
No problem sir..same here as I never stated that the .21 was a " big block" either. Or that any of the traxxas nitros were.....It was asked why a .21 over say a .28. All I said was the .21 would be a direct drop in. And you would need to change more if you went with a .28 "big block".. It seems we both said the same thing..just in different ways and both had the original 2.5 Tmaxx since it came out.And agreed that the reverse sucked. In the 2.5 it was a bad idea from traxxas.. just like the auto flip they have now in the maxx and the X8s.. sorry for the misunderstanding and if you thought I was being a dic*. Wasn't trying to be sir...

just like the auto flip they have now in the maxx and the X8s..
Pretty sure that was just their way of keeping parts sales high... especially since at least the maxx4s uses a sintered rear diff pinion, which I just shelled on mine last weekend! I don't have the "auto flip" because I don't run traxxas electronics... but I did succumb to laziness quite a few times and did the brake/fwd rocking to get it on it's wheels when it was 100 yards away... or 10 yards. lol! Won't be doing that anymore, just too annoying to replace those gears.

Pretty sure that was just their way of keeping parts sales high... especially since at least the maxx4s uses a sintered rear diff pinion, which I just shelled on mine last weekend! I don't have the "auto flip" because I don't run traxxas electronics... but I did succumb to laziness quite a few times and did the brake/fwd rocking to get it on it's wheels when it was 100 yards away... or 10 yards. lol! Won't be doing that anymore, just too annoying to replace those gears.
And that's why so many people are complaining.. about the diff ripping apart.. because they are new and say OOOO I can push a button. To flip it back over... sweet it won't flip again again again bam no more gears... or think that RTR means pull from box and go.. I've never had a RC I didnt go over front to back top to bottom before I drove it. Sh*t the X8s came and sounded like I ripped the gears apart out out of box.. I couldn't roll it on floor the gears were so tight. And the motor pin set is horrible as well... I don't use it or like it
Traxxas electronics have always sucked... they really need to re-engineer their electronics.. and put some real thought into thier R&D department... instead of worrying about people and what they say on their forum and what other RC manufacturers do... and put some real time into their own RC builds and development

Holy moly! Alot of great info here both on and off topic. Love this place!! Been off here for awhile as I've been doing ALOT of racing lately but the resto's are finally getting some attention. ;)

Back