I know it runs normal one day but then runs high another day.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
is it normal for the engine when it's cold to run at idle a little high that was the last time? Can somebody give me ideas of what you need to experience when you start a cold start on a engine?

I benched him this thing yesterday when I retune the engine the idle is normal. The next day when I started indoors that Idol was not super high but it ran high, but not to the place where the gear or clutch would engage.

Engine does start. And I noticed when I had the glow plug on the engine, I was able to get it to idle without stalling when applying throttle.

The reason why I did this is because yesterday I actually retune this engine. Mainly because I'm selling it. But at the same time I want to show the people that buy it that everything works.

Welcome to Nitro.
Thank you. It's an honor even though it's a pain it's an honor.

I hope I can I actually like it and one way. It gives the challenges gives you ideas. I don't know why but I like things with challenges. And all the stuff I went through. It hasn't stirred me away.

So tell me if you are able to answer, is it normal for the idle to be raising high today then it was when I took it out yesterday?

Cuz I'm actually been doing searches on Google as I am speaking as.

Depending on temp and air pressure, your tune can change (or really, I should say you need to change your tune). Generally it's not that significant from day to day as to require much fussing, but if you're breaking it out on a 60 degree day after running on an 90 degree day, it's going to need some adjustment for it to run at it's best.

This is all part of the fun (and pain) of nitro.

Exactly why I went full electric. I just don't have the patience to deal with it and wish I did.

Depending on temp and air pressure, your tune can change (or really, I should say you need to change your tune). Generally it's not that significant from day to day as to require much fussing, but if you're breaking it out on a 60 degree day after running on an 90 degree day, it's going to need some adjustment for it to run at it's best.

This is all part of the fun (and pain) of nitro.
Please respond I need it. I'm itching for knowledge.

So exactly what needle should I just because in the video I fine tune the high-speed and definitely fine-tune the low-speed needle as you know. Cuz I took a long time on that that I did with the high-speed needle.

So are you saying because the temperature might be different than the last time that the idle might actually run faster?

If so I like to know do I need to touch the high speed since the low in its set?

Please respond I need it. I'm itching for knowledge.

So exactly what needle should I just because in the video I fine tune the high-speed and definitely fine-tune the low-speed needle as you know. Cuz I took a long time on that that I did with the high-speed needle.

So are you saying because the temperature might be different than the last time that the idle might actually run faster?

If so I like to know do I need to touch the high speed since the low in its set?

It would be both generally. Say if you tuned one day and it was 90, then the next time you went out and it was 60, you'd want to richen both needles slightly to account for the temperature change. First work with the HSN and get the performance/smoke level good, then tweak the LSN to get the idle at a good rpm. Ideally you're not moving either needle very much.

It would be both generally. Say if you tuned one day and it was 90, then the next time you went out and it was 60, you'd want to richen both needles slightly to account for the temperature change. First work with the HSN and get the performance/smoke level good, then tweak the LSN to get the idle at a good rpm. Ideally you're not moving either needle very much.

Okay so I thought once you had the low speed needle set you don't ever have to touch it.
please please please please please answer back. Thank you.

And that the only thing you touch is the high speed needle for temperature changes?

Can you tell me am I correct, or do I need to change both needles every time the weather changes?

Instead of changing the needle, just use your throttle trim to leave the idle a bit higher until the engine warm up.

Instead of changing the needle, just use your throttle trim to leave the idle a bit higher until the engine warm up.
if I trim the throttle it'll throw off my neutral brakes.
he way my Radio setup is complex you have to remember the last time that you had the last setting.

Well, you are not going to run hard when you are warming up. Shouldn't need a lot of braking.