I just can't seem to stop!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got bored today after work, it's raining, so no bashing.
SoI decided to install a momentary switch that allows you to preheat the glo plug. I seen it on maxx traxx.com, I think?

Attachments

• maxx switch 1.jpg
    maxx switch 1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 226
And another.

Attachments

• maxx switch 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 158
Great idea. The only thing I dont like is the placement of the switch. I would try to put it somewhere that is easily reachable from under the lid (without having to take it off). The way my luck goes, one jump, one bad landing would equal one fried switch. Just a thought.

Otherwise, its a GREAT idea :madface:

Look at the second pic.

Oh yeah, it\'s a momentary switch==spring loaded.

One more thing, if you notice in the second pic, where the switch is, even when on it\'s lid it doesn\'t touch the ground.:classic:

Hay Chris,
Do you see how clean Max@$$$ truck is?
Are you jealous?:bow:
Thought so!!
Looks good. Where are all the battle wounds?
My opinion about placement is the same as Christian’s If its outside the body it WILL get broken.

No battle wounds yet:D if it would stop raining maybe I could have some fun:doh: . If I do break the switch, I will replace it with a push button momentary that is almost flush. But like I said, when you roll my maxx the switch still has atleast 3/4" clearance.

My concern would be that the body moves quit a bit during impact. When you land, the body moves sidewise as well as forward and backwards. The body itself will abuse anything that sticks out.

This is the same concern I have about the mesh over your windows. The body flex is going to pop your glue welds or rip around the glue welds given time, that is, if you drive like I do.
But it sure looks cool. :cheerful:

Originally posted by FastEddy
My concern would be that the body moves quit a bit during impact. When you land, the body moves sidewise as well as forward and backwards. The body itself will abuse anything that sticks out.

This is the same concern I have about the mesh over your windows. The body flex is going to pop your glue welds or rip around the glue welds given time, that is, if you drive like I do.
But it sure looks cool. :cheerful:

Your right, there is some concern, so let me put the screen to rest, when I said it won't be a problem, I mean this.

Attachments

• twister.jpg
    twister.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 172
Looks like it ain't goin nowhere.... Your sig is very much too true....They amaze me too:D

Originally posted by M@xximillion
...when you roll my maxx the switch still has atleast 3/4" clearance.

That's assuming you roll on flat land with no obstacles.

I rolled my maxx on flat pavement and lost a rear body clip. My first thought was "that can't happen, the clip can't even touch the pavement." And I know the post touched the pavement because the tip of it was shaven off.

Originally posted by shortman

That's assuming you roll on flat land with no obstacles.

I rolled my maxx on flat pavement and lost a rear body clip. My first thought was "that can't happen, the clip can't even touch the pavement." And I know the post touched the pavement because the tip of it was shaven off.

Yeah, some good hard chrashes will probably be my downfall.
But I have a backup pushbutton just for that.:classic:

Back