I have the BEST Wife!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Look what my awesome wife hooked me up with for our 14th wedding anniversary! Hell yeah! She rocks!! I have wanted a Tamiya Wrangler for a looooong time, but the price tag on them was real steep, so I never thought I would actually have a nib Wrangler kit, but since Tamiya re-re'd them, I now have the kit I have wanted forever. I am so stoked! I can't wait to start building.

mynewyj.jpg

That IS a pretty awesome wife :D I want pics! Especially if you paint the body.

Erm... The RC car, I meant, lol

Last edited:
That IS a pretty awesome wife :D I want pics! Especially if you paint the body.

Erm... The RC car, I meant, lol

Yeah, she is definitely an amazing person! Especially to put up with me for 18 years, I don't think she will let me paint her, but that could be a lot of fun! lol.

I will be painting the lid, but don't look for anything special, I plan on making a replica of my 1:1 89 YJ, and it's just black on black.

Sweet, those are soooo clean. One of the best looking hard bodies ever made.

Congrats Joe! i agree with chip, they are bad ass and I'm sure you will make it wicked cool. i actually can't beleive your on here telling us about it lol, id have all them parts laying out somewhere staring at them lol.

Congratulations, and a VERY Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Nitro.

I am SO looking forward to seeing the finished project posed on the hood of your other one.

Yeah Chip, imo the best looking hard body ever, but I may be a little biased, I have owned 1:1 YJs since 92 :D

Lloyd, trust me, I have been staring at it for a while now, :hehe:

Rolex, I don't even want to start the build until I get a bearing kit for it, I don't want to use the crappy Tamiya bushings. Plus the rims are fugly, so I am gonna have to do something about those too. I want to find some rims close to whats on my 1:1, and some tires that look like Mickey Thompson MTZs since thats whats on the 1:1, and I will need to pick up another high lift light kit too. But once it's done I will definitely take pics of it with my 89.

led light unit included! i wasn't aware of that lol, thats sweet.

Yep, comes with the TLU-01, a pair of white leds, and a pair of red. Plus you can add up to a total of 12 pairs of lights which will be good since I will need to add the lights for the light bar it is gonna need :D

You should send the pics in to RCCA or RCD once you're done. I bet you'll get in to reader's rides for sure.

You should send the pics in to RCCA or RCD once you're done. I bet you'll get in to reader's rides for sure.

Totally..But I don't think it would be the first time, hehe.

You are a lucky lucky man to have a wife that will by you a RC, mine keeps threatning to make mine disapear, because I spend more tome with my mistress " aka my crawler" instead of her, like right now, LOL!!!!!

Your a lucky mofo with a great wife Joe! I have also wanted on of these for a long time, can't wait to see this one built.

Happy Anniversary to you and the misses :party:

14 years is a major accomplishment these days, or sheer stupidity. I can't decide :D

Congrats on the new rig Joe!

My parents have been married for 26 years and going strong. My great grandparents have all been married for 60+ years...

Nice wife! Looking forward to the build Joe.

Back