I Broke the 4wd - Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlichty

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was out bashing, might have been jumping and running through the snow when all of the sudden my 4wd savage became a front wheel drive savage. Need some help trouble shooting the problem please. Any help would be much appreciated!

Spin your front tires. Starting at your rear driveshaft, see where the drivetrain stops spinning. Look for missing grub screws on all the rear shafts.

May have just stripped the splines off the drive shaft. +1 on what Metal head said.

There aren't any splines on the driveshafts. There are two "ears" at both ends.

screw that locks the trans to the rear driveshaft came out...

All my screws are in place any other thoughts? Is it possible i've ripped something up inside the tranny?

not unless you broke the output shaft in half and its still spinning the front tires. there is a good chance the rear diff is stripped completely out. but I'm still guessing you're missing a screw you just overlooked it

You guys are amazing! It was one of the grub screws. It was in place however it was sheared in half. Back up and running, thanks again!

Put some loctite on the screws and theyll never fall out agaon until u have to work on the truck and u loosen them ypurself