I ALMOST feel bad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just bought a used tmaxx 2.5 today. sold as is not running. FOR $50 I talked him down from $75 LOL. It came with a radio and a ez start w battery. Has aluminum bumpers, some kind of hypo steering servo. Also included a LOT of parts, extra shocks, extra bulks, extra bumpers, extra control arms, extra tires ect ect .

The battery box on the truck had battery acid all over it....so I cut it out and spliced in an old battery box I had..... This powered everything up.

The throttle / brake servo was blown apart.. the screws that hold it together were stripped. So I gorilla glued the threads..... servo works fine.

The hypo steering servo was not properly atatched to the linkage... so I tightened that.

ALL the carb adjustments were tightened all the way, reset to factory specs.

50 bucks, two hours of time, and some parts I had layin around.... ITS MINT.

I ALMOST bought new tires for my truck last month...FOR $50 !!!!!

I finally got a SMOKIN deal in the RC world!!!!!

That's the good thing about this hobby. Small things go wrong and if you don't deal with it, it gets too complicated, so they part with it. It's always good to hear about someone getting a great deal and adding a little know how and TLC.
Congrats, man.

Got any pictures of this deal you got?

Got any pictures of this deal you got?

Well I spent the night cleaning her up and fixing her up..... sorry no BEFORE pictures......

But here is AFTER. I am going to go to a hump pack. I just scabed my old battery box in to verify this was the problem.

No the fancy battery charger DIDNT come w the deal, thats mine.

tmaxx25.jpg

Back