Hump Pack and charger options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgeman21689

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to the truck hobby, flown planes but never nitro trucks. I just bought a savage x 4.6 and id like to have a charger for all necessities, and a hump pack for the truck, id like to have a few suggestions on each if possible, thank you in advance for the much needed input. Truck is a beast, love it.

hey man.. welcome to the savage world.. these trucks rock.. i am using a upgraded hump pack in my savage but i have used the one hpi sells and it works great.. theyre fairly cheap too.. i use a wall charger that i got from a battery pack i bought in the past nothing special but they have some nice ones for fairly cheap as well..

For battery hump packs i can't find the one i have right now but it looks like this one but green.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-RTR-Hu...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c67439eee

Mine is a 1500 MAH pack that is awesome for the price... Its affordable and it seems to last forever ..

I fully charged it about two months ago and my truck has been sitting for that whole time and just about 3 days ago i turned it on and everything worked just as if i charged it a couple mins ago.

Its worth it, all the expensive packs in my opinion arent going to do any better than this 14 dollar one. about 20 dollars shipped.

For charger wise i use the duratrax intellipeak looks like this http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/045/614045_090703021151_100_2675.JPG

Its a great charger, you can choose either above or below 1500 MAH and how many amps you wants to pump into the battery. Usually to make it so the battery isnt getting stressed from getting charged too quickly. Over all great combo.

Hump Pack on my Savage XL wont turn on HELP!!!

Hi i was driving my XL around today and i hit a pole straight on not going very fast though.My truck was still running but i couldnt turn or go forward.When i try to turn my hump pack switch on it doesn't turn on??HELP!!

Make sure all of your connectors to the receiver are plugged in firmly and correctly.. if the thing suddenly has no power to it, its gotta be a connection or something.

Make sure all of your connectors to the receiver are plugged in firmly and correctly.. if the thing suddenly has no power to it, its gotta be a connection or something.

The truck has been sitting for a couple of years so it might be the the hump pack battery?

ohhh ok, well i know some batteries when not charged for long periods of time will just die entirely because the lack of keeping it charged it will just lose its longevity and ultimately cause it to only take a couple mins to charge it fully but then it will lose that charge just as quickly.. How ever if your sure everything is still connected properly that may be the issue. Does your model have the battery gauge ? If soo i would charge the batter until its fully charged and then try to drive around a bit and see what happens.. If you do not have the gauge then i would just stop the truck from time to time just to check the steering and see if it gradually gets slower and slower in a very short amount of time when in use. If so.. the battery is worn out and just not holding a charge.

ohhh ok, well i know some batteries when not charged for long periods of time will just die entirely because the lack of keeping it charged it will just lose its longevity and ultimately cause it to only take a couple mins to charge it fully but then it will lose that charge just as quickly.. How ever if your sure everything is still connected properly that may be the issue. Does your model have the battery gauge ? If soo i would charge the batter until its fully charged and then try to drive around a bit and see what happens.. If you do not have the gauge then i would just stop the truck from time to time just to check the steering and see if it gradually gets slower and slower in a very short amount of time when in use. If so.. the battery is worn out and just not holding a charge.
When i switch it on nothing happens i have no power.I tried to charge it

If its been sitting that long i would def be looking for a new battery maybe even newer electronics ( better servos and what not). Wouldnt hurt

Back