HSP,RedCat,Himotto,Exceed????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoustonGearHead

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have had several electric truggies but now I am getting into nitro and just purchased two HSP Tyrannasaurus RTR kits. The local hobby shops tell me I made a big mistake because no one carries parts, but I have found plenty of parts online even alloy upgrades. Has anyone had experience with online hobby shops or HSP, Himotto, Redcat, or Exceed nitro trucks or cars????

i have a himoto. i lost wheel nuts and ordered they were at my door in a week

I might get someone to disagree with me but for the most part, all those brands are pretty cheap brands and dont have much of a following for aftermarket support. Sure you can probably get alot of aluminum upgrades but aluminum upgrades are kind of a down fall for rigs in a lot of cases.

I have a Redcat and i found a hobby store that stocks some common parts. Its a pretty nice truck for the money.

Well my step son and I will just run the crap out of these and if we get to a point where we cannot get parts we will go with a Traxxas or HPI in the future. We are definitely hooked on nitro now. Thanks for the comments.

I have 3 Redcats and have used ebay and some great websites to get all my parts. Mine seem to be pretty tough. I have not broken anything that was not my own fault. When I order online from one website it only takes 3 days to get the parts except on weekends. I can't complain about em.

Which site

Can you share with us the site you order spares from.

cheers.

my first rc was an hsp backwash, it was fast but forever broke none of the hobby shops stocked my parts so i bought a xtm monster truck, id say rather than buying loads of crap makes and save up for one good make. you can get decent ones like hypers and ansmann's for about £250.

Can you share with us the site you order spares from.

cheers.

nitrotek stocks hsp parts and nitrorcx stocks exceed parts

I've discovered that if you don't want to wait for parts or pay shipping, walk into your lhs and ask them what buggy/truggy they sell the most parts for. Buy that one.

I bought a Losi Speed-NT new, and an Ofna Mutilator Pro used, and I am now the reason my lhs stocks parts for them. :)

Well my step son and I will just run the crap out of these and if we get to a point where we cannot get parts we will go with a Traxxas or HPI in the future. We are definitely hooked on nitro now. Thanks for the comments.
Be careful what you get do the research before buying Traxxas I got my self the Traxxas revo 3.3 and I have lots of problems with the reverse and it takes off on its own at times

This post was from 2009/10.
Welcome in @joejoe$ . Nothing wrong with Traxxas, a proper tuning does wonders.
Any brand will have issues now and then but slamming a brand with your first post really isn't recommended.
In fact, that's the beauty of this forum. We except all RCs.

Last edited:
This post was from 2009/10.
Welcome in @joejoe$ . Nothing wrong with Traxxas, a proper tuning does wonders.
Any brand will have issues now and then but slamming a brand with your first post really isn't recommended.
In fact, that's the beauty of this forum. We except all RCs.

Hope I'm not keeping a dead thread going then, but it's funny that over 10 years later, HSP and its sub-brands are one of the best-supported choices you could make in terms of parts availability and variety.

I don't mind old threads making there way up on top again because there is still good info on most of them.

We except all RCs.
Hope I'm not keeping a dead thread going then, but it's funny that over 10 years later, HSP and its sub-brands are one of the best-supported choices you could make in terms of parts availability and variety.
Ima bite my tongue till blood comes out of my nose 🤣

Welcome to the world of nitro.
Once you truly learn the art of tuning, there is no going back!

Dang, I just read that this thread from 2009.... haha