HSP Camper Q's?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone have any info or opinion on the HSP Camper nitro buggy?

Can get one at a steal. Not even run in yet.

https://rcscrapyard.net/hsp-camper-94860.htm

https://rcscrapyard.net/hsp-camper-nb2-94960.htm

Only info I can find. I havent owned any Hsp brands. If it was me, Id go Ofna, but they are out of business.

There are a few people who own Hsp. I'm sure they can give you better info.
Thanks. :)

HSP is big here in South Africa. And youtube is not much help. hehehe.

The big problem we have here in SA is that shopping on international sites attracts very high shipping costs. Our currency is also very weak against the $, pound and euro. :(

I've never owned a camper but I do have a HPS lighting 2 (seems quite similar) and even after 15 years it is still running just fine, have a .26 Nitro engine that came with I'm still running also. I'd say they are a good brand and have also used rc scrapyard to buy a few bits so know they are all good

I've never owned a camper but I do have a HPS lighting 2 (seems quite similar) and even after 15 years it is still running just fine, have a .26 Nitro engine that came with I'm still running also. I'd say they are a good brand and have also used rc scrapyard to buy a few bits so know they are all good
Yeah I like my Savagery. Would love to add a nitro to the barn. The car is brand new and if I look how guys start up nitros that's been sitting for YEARS, I guess them engines can work after some dust collection. :)

I don’t have a Camper but I do have a couple HSP Nitro’s in my collection. I really like them. They run good and are easy to tune. If you can get it for a good price, go for it 👍🏻

I don’t have a Camper but I do have a couple HSP Nitro’s in my collection. I really like them. They run good and are easy to tune. If you can get it for a good price, go for it 👍🏻
Thanks. I guess maintenance will be a bit more on the nitro vs the electric. But I'm up for it. :)

I would make sure to do some research and find a good source for you to purchase available parts. You nailed it by mentioning shipping.

If it is priced below 200 usd and you can find replacement parts easily, might be worth getting. Parts support is the thing, no parts, when you break it, and you will, the end.