HPI Trophy 4.6v2 Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart0777

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the rd world, i bought my self a HPI Trophy 4.6v2 Truggy. I've run it in, tuned it. The thing is every now and again it just runs off / loses comucation with transmitter but after 10 seconds comes back. Is there's anything I should do or try?
Thanks
Matt

Hi I'm new to the rd world, i bought my self a HPI Trophy 4.6v2 Truggy. I've run it in, tuned it. The thing is every now and again it just runs off / loses comucation with transmitter but after 10 seconds comes back. Is there's anything I should do or try?
Thanks
Matt

It is hard to diagnose your issue ,but there is things that you can check!

First ,check for any fraid wires ,that go from the servo's to the receiver ,if they are fraid ,they will short out
an drain the receiver battery.
Check the on & off switch ,sometimes they go bad an do a hit an miss connection ,you can check that by
plugging the battery directly into the receiver an by passing the switch.

Also depending on what you use for a receiver battery ,if it is just a 4 cell battery holder ,then get rid of it an purchase
a regular NiCad rechargeable battery pack for the receiver.

Check the battery connection in the transmitter an make sure there is no loose battery connections ,some the
little springs get smashed down.

Make sure that the servo wires are away from the center diff.or trans an drive shafts ,that would be where they
would get chewed up an fraid!

Check those symptoms first ,an if you are using an old style AM or FM radio ,it could be a cracked crystal!

Good luck an welcome to the RCT. an Merry X-mas!......

I remember it as RCNitrotalk but I guess WoodiE upgraded the domain name to RCTalk which is shorter and covers all RC's. Nice move my old friend!

Thanks
Matt
Sometimes the air filter can get caught on the throttle linkage, it also could be a faulty servo which you should check because you really don’t want a runaway!

Back