Hpi Savage x 4.6 Steel Spur Gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigk37

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi, i am very new to Nitro cars and recently baught this truck used off a family friend.

i have been out with it a few times and all seemed well, tried to tune the engine yesterday but wasn't having much luck.

i couldnt get the gears to shift and when tuning the HSN it seemed to mess up the LSN and Idle, is that normal?

While doing this the Steel Spur Gear (Hpi one with purple hub) some how came loose and i have lost the washer, spring, locking nut off the slipper clutch. Is it possible to buy these seperatly anywhere? also the purple hub got a big scuffed around the edges but i dont think that would affect performance.

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks, i seen something similar in the UK but wasn't sure if the nuts/spring was the same.

If the spur gear was loose would that have stopped me being able to tune the engine properly? i lean the HSN untill performance increases then it bogs when taking off, i then lean the LSN untill it takes off ok again.

Then go back to the HSN but then before it even changes gear it seems too lean, no performance increase and the engine sound changes and seems too lean.

Back