Hpi savage lrp .32 problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmzm

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys it's me again.
I bought a lrp 32, 2 months ago for my savage x I install it on my savage and I could not turn the engine on, with my little experience I realized that the carburetor wasn't pulling any fuel into the engine, so I thought it have to be a air leak a I started looking for the air leak and found it in the front bearing.
I send the engine to team assosiated for repairs and they told me that the problem was not the bearing the problem was the carburetor.
They sent me a new engine I received it yesterday I install it on my savage and the same problem again.
I put soapy water on the bearing and over again the bubbles.
The leak is between the front shaft and the bearing.
How do I fix this?
Is this normal?
PLEASE HELP.
:(

Last edited:
Yes, but the problem is that the engine does not pull nitro into the carburetor.
And when I get to start the engine only lasts like 20 seconds on and then the engine shuts.
changing the carburetor position has something to do with the problem?

Have you replaced the fuel lines with new and cleaned out the tank. Maybe its trash or film in the tank or lines gumming or clogging up the fuel inlet nipple. It can also be a gash in your exhaust boot causing a lack of back pressure to create vacuum. Inspect all of your exhaust line and seals including you fuel tank cap seal. I had the same issue on a guys truggy with an SH .28 and it came to be lack of compression due to worn sleeve/piston. So if yours is new it has to be a pretty good air leak somewhere if its not trash stopping up the inlet.

I tested the engine out of the truck blowing through inlet and all the bubbles keep coming out through the front.
Is a new engine with new fuel lines.

There shouldn't be any problems with ur front bearing... Just because u have bubbles when u blow through it doesn't mean u have a leak, only way to truly test that is with the motor running. Check ur tank for cracks, put the tank under water and blow through the line. U can also take apart ur carb to inspect all ur needles and the body it self.

I dont think it's an "engine air leak" if this is ur second BRAND NEW Lrp . 32, check ur lines, tank and pressure fitting on the pipe.

When u prime these motors make sure u blow through the pressure line and NOT yank on the pullstart. Also loosen up the plug and preheat the engine. Try one more time buddy let us know how it goes.

I gave up, I was 4 hours trying to start the engine the lrp technicians are correct the problem is the carburetor.
when I prime the engine it starts and them burns the fuel that is inside the carburetor and the one in the fuel lines and then turns off.
the carburetor is not doing any suction.
I check all the needles they are good, I put all new fuel lines, the tank is okay the exhaust is new.
I send the engine back to LRP and they told me they will send me a new one, but they will turn it on before they send it to me.
And EH23 is right the front bearing air leak is NOT the problem must be a factory defect.
Thank you guys for your help.

Wow dood so it was a fauly carb? Well I'm glad to hear Lrp/AE is taking care if the problem again lol. Hang in there buddy once ur new parts arrive it will all be worth it, after all it wouldnt be a hobby if there wenr't any headaches and bs to deal with :)

Hope they're able to fix your problem. I hear those 32's are a real torque monster.

Did you check the fuel tank for leaks. Oring around the cap can go bad after a while. Causing the lost of pressure to keep the fuel flowing to the carb. Front engine bearing was not design to be completely sealed. Getting air bubbles is normal.

I check the tank for air leaks I submerged in water,
the exahust pipe is new, new fuel lines. I did not find any leaks .
I'm waiting for the new engine to come in when it comes I'll let all you know.
I hope this new engine runs.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I got really tired of waiting for a/e to send me the LRP .32 engine that I send for repairs, so I broke my piggy bank lol, and I bought a LRP .28 spec 3 engine no problems so far but is funny and sad at the same time as 2 engines came with factory defects and a/e make me wait weeks to send me a new replacement.
so when my new LRP .32 arrives I'll put it up for sale.

Ahhh sad new mans! U should really consider keeping it. I too sold mine and I never had a chance to run it either, I really do miss it tho.

weird I have 3 LRP.32 not any problems with them other then needles being off, but they may have hired a new employee and he may have put something together wrong and the QT over looked it , I once got a os.12 and the piston was in backwards.

Back