hpi savage 25 help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpisavage25

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This truck ran perfectly in the past. One day it just wouldn't accelerate. Now It runs and I try to hold down the throttle to go and it accelerates but will not go anywhere. I am not sure of the problem please help!!!

Check you clutch shoes they maybe wore out, if they look fine check you differential and your wheel hexes.

Check you clutch shoes they maybe wore out, if they look fine check you differential and your wheel hexes.
I looked at them and they look fine. Could it be the transmission? I started it up and the spur gear spins and when I press on the gas the same thing happens the wheels don't move at all but it accelerates

Sounds like your slipper is loose or wore out.

Going with the slipper also if that is good and tight and not wore out check the drive line for missing pine in the drive cups.

Yeah it could possibly be a gear in the tranny. Most likely not in the front or rear chunk pretty unlikely both would go out at same time if it's 4x4. Start with the easiest fix and go from there. Check your drive shafts and whole drive line then move on. Most likely worn out slipper shoes.

If the clutch bell on the engine isn't turning, there's your problem. If it IS turning, check the slipper next, then check what's mentioned in the above post.

Back