HPI rs4 running trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalemck88

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
anyone hepl here got a rs4 evo model wasrunning fine,took it out one day and started fine just didnt rev high like was overfueling..IDLES ANSSTARTSFINE JUST WEN TRY TO GIVE THROTTLE VERY POOR TAKE OFF AND NEVER TOP SPEED.any possibilitys anyone.thanks dale

Last edited:
You tuned the engine? They do not run the same day to day.

+1 For that post...
The weather plays a big part in tuning a nitro engine. The first runs of the day should be your tuning runs. A few degrees will throw you off a lil.

HPI rs4

thanks for the help guys,will try tuning my engine also i get lots of unburnt fuel exiting my exhaust reely a pain.recently read a thread tht told me if running too rich this will cause good idling but sluggish take of and never top speed also unburnt fuel to exit my exhaust????(these are my symptoms)

thanks for the help guys,will try tuning my engine also i get lots of unburnt fuel exiting my exhaust reely a pain.recently read a thread tht told me if running too rich this will cause good idling but sluggish take of and never top speed also unburnt fuel to exit my exhaust????(these are my symptoms)

Yes sounds like your running a little rich.
If your unsure of how far you are out you might want to goto stock settings. You want to start with your HSN (high speed needle) lean it out 1/16th turns clockwise then make a couple of high speed passes. Keep repeating Untill you don't see anymore improvement. Make sure there is a stream of smoke coming from the pipe on a high speed run. If it starts to flame out or bogg during your high speed run turn it back and 1/8th of a turn.
To adjust your LSN. Use 1/16th turns clock wise. And do the same thing but this time look at your take off always do a couple of high speed passes to clear out the carb. Once you feel it is a nice crisp take off, you have it.
Keep an eye on your temps the whole time. You want to keep your temps between 230 to 250. You should find the sweet spot in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Sound advice. I replied very similar info to your pm Dale.

Hpi rs4

Thanks guys buying couple of uprageded suspension then trying out,so will let you know how it goes.again thanks reely good understandable advice.

Back